Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe these lights are Kuryakyn (picture of them attached) which were fitted a few years ago and wired to the brake lights only. I noticed today that only one LED in each section is lighting up. There are 3 sections for these lights, a strip for each side of the trunk and one for the back, each with a 2 wire plug to connect to the section next to it but in all 3 sections only one of the bulbs lights when the brake lights come on. I have tried wiring one section straight to a battery and still only one bulb lights.
Seems very odd to me that they have all failed at the same time with only one bulb left working in each strip.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,369 Posts
I believe these lights are Kuryakyn (picture of them attached) which were fitted a few years ago and wired to the brake lights only. I noticed today that only one LED in each section is lighting up. There are 3 sections for these lights, a strip for each side of the trunk and one for the back, each with a 2 wire plug to connect to the section next to it but in all 3 sections only one of the bulbs lights when the brake lights come on. I have tried wiring one section straight to a battery and still only one bulb lights.
Seems very odd to me that they have all failed at the same time with only one bulb left working in each strip.
They are Kuryakyn, I have a friend who has them on his GL1800.

Could it be possible that one or so of the lights quit working and one day you happened to notice all of them not working.

I know sometimes when things (lights) quite working, we may not notice for a period of time.

Since one is working, there is power to the strips so that only leaves an issue with the (bulbs or wiring) in the strips.

I realize this is not much help but it is just my thoughts...!

Maybe someone else will have a better (more helpful) suggestion.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you are right and I probably didn't notice them gradually failing as it was a friend following who pointed it out to me. I agree it must be a fault in the lights themselves, just odd that there is only one left working in each strip and in each case it's the bulb furthest from the joining connections that survived. The complications of LED circuits I guess

1 - 3 of 3 Posts