Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I like the look of "Big Bike" LED turn signals, but do not know how, or where to connect equalizers so the flash sequence will be correct.

In addition, I'm wondering if I put LEDs on both front and rear if the equalizers are required.

Can anyone share their experience with LEDs??

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

I may be wrong here ( and someone will tell me if I am:clapper:) as I'm not familiar with the 1800 but if the signal flasher works the same as the 1200 and 1500 (by bulb load) they will not flash properly if you just change the bulbs to LED's. There are load resistors required to go inline at each bulb connection to make the proper flash rate or you have to install an LED flasher. All of the tail/brake lights can be easily changed over to LED's.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
imported post

I had a problem with trying to get the bulbs to fit on the 1500. Mine is a Canadian import and it has running lights built in to the indicators. The pins for locating the bulbs are off-set and the LEDs aren't set up for dual filament.

Just something to check...

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
imported post

One thing I found about LED's is that they are great for suplimental lighting, but they are vary directional and not as well seen in driving, signal and brake lights. Every switcheroo LED lamp that replaces OEM I have tried are almost impossible to see in the bright sunlight. Some friends who have Harley's with their LED Tail lights.... the lights cannot be seen at all in the bright sun!!!
So I use them and even have made up my own high intensity LED sets, but only for extra lighting.
Perhaps others have had better luck with LED's for the important light's.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks for the input.

I knew that "equalizers" were required to get the correct sequencing, but I don't know if they are only required when there is a mismatch from front-to-rear. If I use LEDs on both front and rear are they required?

I saw a bike in a showroom equipped with the rear LEDs and they looked pretty bright. I don't know how they will look outside in the sunlight. I'll be sure to check before I invest.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

I went with the 30LEDs on my 1000. the flasher switch is one of those that is electronic and not based upon power draw.... using the 30 led gives plenty of light. I think some of the problems with not enough light is going with a configuration that does not have enough LEDs in it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.