Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Very active member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hey, i am going to be building a trailer to pull behind the bike. i was thinking about putting some new bulbs in the turn signals and brake light to save some electrical pull. i would probably also do the same to the trailer. i was wondering if i can buy these at oreilly or something like that. i wasnt wanting to buy online because then i can pay cash and save some greif from the wife, by her not knowing. let me know what types if you know. thanks. also where is the best place to buy the trailer wiring harness? thanks

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

Love your idea of using some LEDs, . There are equivalent LED "bulbs" for most bulb sizes available at most places where bulbs are sold..

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
imported post

Harbor Freight has some LED trailer lights and wiring kits.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
imported post

I bought the LED's for my bike at Autozone. Use an electronic flasher from Autozone also.

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
imported post

The trick you are going to have with the tail light on a 1100 is that the bulb needs to point red out the back and white at the sides to illuminate the license plate.

SuperBrightLEDs.com has the exact bulb to do this little trick.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-...ge2Disp=/specs/1157-R19W6_motorcycle_bulb.htm

When you do buy LEDs, do try to match the bulb color to the lens it's intended to shine thru.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/images/products/car/white-red_comparison.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

I began to do that - then instead bought this at Pep Boys.

Got rid of that nasty bayonet-style (unreliable) bulb connection that way too!

Reliability - 100%.

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
imported post

There are different Led out there!!! Almost all that I have found at the auto parts stores are first gen lights they do not go as bright as the super brights. I to had the LED from auto-zone and upgraded to Super bright LED from Superbrightled.com. I wouldn't buy without knowing the output of the LED first. Go to Superbrightled and read till you feel comfortable with the choice. You can spend bank and not get what you expect from LED. Utub is loaded with vids on how they got ripped off buying LED. Read ,Look, Try, then buy. And check back here and let us know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.