Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Good evening Gurus and others.

I'm giving serious consideration to replacing the brake/tail lamps and turn signal lamps on my 85 Aspy with LED bulbs. I need some input from those who have already done this mod and from anyone else that can help. I am familiar with the www.superbrightleds.com website, and am considering their products.

First question: Which bulbs have others used with success? Also, I want as much brightness as possible. Has anyone had success fitting the 30 LED bulbs, or are they too large for the space behind the brake and turn signal reflectors? What about the 30 LED right angle bulbs?

Second question: I know that due to the muchlower power requirements of the leds my thermal flashers will most likely be rendered useless. Can anyone recommend a part number and source for replacement digital flashers.?

Third question: Since the "tailight out" warning light on the instrument panel will likely come on due to the lower power requirements of the LED bulbs, is it possible to disable the warning light, e.g. remove the bulb from the instrument panel?

Thanks for any and all input,

TDS

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
imported post

Dadoo wrote:
My friend bought the 48 L.E.D 1157 1.85 inch bulbs from Custom Dynamics. These units are brighter than any standard bulb. They are especially bright during braking. The downside is the price, $44.00 each. He also changed 10 of his light bar bulbs to L.E.D. His charging system was struggling with all the extra lightingbut afterchanging to L.E.D. bulbs, he now has enough power. It seems that you get what you pay for.
Is he using them on a Goldwing, and if so, what vintage? The Autozone LED bulbs have only 12 leds, so I can understand those not being near bright enough. I'm thinking about the 30 LED units from Superbrightleds.com.

TDS

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.