Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
imported post

I don't think LEDs throw out enough light. They also don't reflect off the reflector in most light units either as the LEDs just shine on one direction.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
imported post

I just replaced all the lights on my 1986 SEI with LEDS from Super Bright, and it is the best thing I have ever done. I replaced 34 red marker lights, 6 amber markers, 2 - 1157 amber front turn, 2 - 1156 amber rear turn signals, and 4 red 1157 tail/brake lights. Roughly a hundred dollar bill and a magnificent improvement in the current consumption. The key to LEDs is to use the color that matches your lenses. I honestly beleive that I will never have to spend the money for another regulator rectifier again. Just the power savings on the 40 marker lights at 5 watts each made a world of difference when compared to the milliamps the LEDs use.

Happy Trails
Eddie Taylor

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
imported post

I was considering on installing an extra set of square lights facing rear in my saddle bags and would like them to double as running lights / brake lights.

is it possible to mix leds with incandescent bulbs? on the same circuit?

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
imported post

More info please, what was the bulb replaced with etc. Thanks!

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
62,002 Posts
imported post

goldie4ever wrote:
I was considering on installing an extra set of square lights facing rear in my saddle bags and would like them to double as running lights / brake lights.

is it possible to mix leds with incandescent bulbs? on the same circuit?
Then answer to this is Yes. The LED devices do not pull enough extra current to be noticeable to the charging system.

·
Senior Memory
613 Posts
imported post

My spoiler light had multiple sockets that where corroded so I ripped them all out and used the red ribbon LEDs from superbrightleds. cum and it gave me 8 instead of 4 pints of light and they are just as bright in the day and brighter at night as the bulbs where. I just used the adhesive back on th ribbon and stuck them to the curved reflectors inside the light and had them pointing towards the lens. Works great. My lower bag side lights are the neon glow that no longer work so I might do the same thing with those. I am also going to wire in a ribbon of white LEDs to the inside of my trunk and saddles with a dedicated switch so we can see in the boxes at night.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
imported post

ok yeah thats what I meant - I am not replacing any of my standard incandescent bulb but I will be adding new lighting to my rear end and I want it to double as a brake / running light.

I will be adding to the factory set up thereby mixing LED and incandescent bulbs on the same circuit.

thanks-

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.