Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hi there, i live in moose jaw, saskatchewan, canada. I am looking for a lee-sure lite camper for sale in my area. Any leads would be appreciated.

cheers, john

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
imported post

Hi John
See your add for a Lees-ure Lite Camper wanted to buy in your area. I am in the same place looking for this camper to buy and if you hear from any sellers that are too far away or in my area at Sarnia, Ontario could you refer them to me. I am actively looking but the units are certainly hard to find used.

thanks
shuter

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
imported post

m38cdn wrote:
hi there, i live in moose jaw, saskatchewan, canada. I am looking for a lee-sure lite camper for sale in my area. Any leads would be appreciated.

cheers, john
Hey John. Do you mean anyone between Caronport & Belle Plaine? :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Just had to ask. We have a Leesurelite but our kids (24 & 27) would skin us alive if we sold it. Perfect rig to drag behind the car for 2 people. And we love it for long bike trips. We may decide to sell it in a few years and get a new one for retirement.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
imported post

Glad for the folks that have this great camper. Now to find us a used one and bring it home. The shipping and packing fees add about $700 onto the price shipped to me in Sarnia.
rick

:yessir:

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
imported post

Shuter98 wrote:
Glad for the folks that have this great camper. Now to find us a used one and bring it home. The shipping and packing fees add about $700 onto the price shipped to me in Sarnia.
rick

:yessir:
For $700 go and pick it up. Make an adventure out of it. I've got a spare bed you could overnight in. I'm sure we could find one in Moose Jaw (John?) and Calgary (Keener? - Hodgy?). Meet new friends. And the folks in Osoyoos are great. Been there twice. Once to add the pod and then again to add the undercarriage storage.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Hi Shuter, will keep an eye out if i see one but looks like a list is building . My good friend is also looking for a lees-ure lite. I bit the bullet and ordered a aspen classic, new price loaded not much more than a used lees-ure lite setup. 2 units for sale in alberta on kijiji

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-RVs-campers-trailers-travel-trailers-campers-Lee-sure-Lite-Camper-W0QQAdIdZ305220590

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-RVs-campers-trailers-other-2007-Leesure-Lite-Motorcycle-Trailer-W0QQAdIdZ335750493

good luck and if u decide to drive through, sure can look me up. Hey Wpgfire, i am sure the kids would be choked if u sold the unit. There are always a few used ones that pop up now and then in Alberta. My search is over but sure looks like others are looking for the lees-ure liteunit.

cheers, john

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
imported post

I drove 1500 km one way to Missouri to get mine. But the price was right. ;)

Another adventure. I could write a book about the great people I've met importing bikes and trailers.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
imported post

That is a long way to pick up the camper. Hopefully there will be a used one discovered and not quite so far. I am headed to Sturgis end of July so hope to find used one before then. What is the main use of the pod and the undercarriage storage box in your application? Did you get the swivel hitch? When you use it have you also acquired the add a room or what is your thoughts on that need. tks

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
imported post

I have imported a couple of bikes and three boats. How did you find the used camper in Missouri?

Life is always a grand adventure.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
imported post

Shuter98 wrote:
That is a long way to pick up the camper. Hopefully there will be a used one discovered and not quite so far. I am headed to Sturgis end of July so hope to find used one before then. What is the main use of the pod and the undercarriage storage box in your application? Did you get the swivel hitch? When you use it have you also acquired the add a room or what is your thoughts on that need. tks
Have friends in Lincoln, Nebraska so we stopped over to visit. Well worth the $1200 we paid for it. 2004 Excel model.

We keep all cooking related items in the pod (Coleman stove, 5 lb propane tank, pots, pans, dishes, dry goods). Also have miscellaneous stuff in there (lantern, rope, axe). Undercarriage pod has 2 lawn chairs, spare tools, wood blocks which act as a base for the leveling jacks and the screen room & poles).

Did I mention the kitchen sink? :ROFL::ROFL:

We did away with the mattress that comes with it and use two Ultra-thick Thermarest self-inflaters. Roll up easy and allow us to put as many as 6 23x16x10 containers for storage. You have to remember that with a Leesurelite your storage area is also your sleeping area, so being able to easily move your stuff is essential. It stacks easily on the floor and under the bed shelf which still allows adequate room to move around and change.

Don't need a swivel hitch. You can hook the trailer to the bike and then lay the bike down on its side and it doesn't bind. I've got at least 8000 km pulling the rig and never had the slightest concern. Others have many more and have no complaints.

We have the screen room but see no need for the add-a-ROOM (there's a difference). Screen room gives a place to leave the shoes, hide from bugs and generally keep stuff out of immediate view. But a room would be more for having someone set up a cot and sleep in. No need if there's just two of you.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
imported post

Shuter98 wrote:
I have imported a couple of bikes and three boats. How did you find the used camper in Missouri?

Life is always a grand adventure.
Go to the Craigslist search engine and let it find it for you.

Craigslist Search Engine

All you have to do is put in your location, what you're looking for and how far you're willing to go to get it.

Motto when searching must be:

"He who hesitates loses it"

You must be willing to act quickly.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the first hand information. I am jealous as the new one delivered to Ontario with the add a room and not much more is $7300 hard earned dollars.

Good facts on the swivel hitch and certainly worth considering the screen room is all that is needed. Few dollars saved on that line. Had rolled around the pod as it was again a few dollars but would make live much easier and assume does not affect the tongue weight too badly. The rear undercarriage would certainly make life easier for the fold chairs and 'stuff".

Thanks again, I am all over different sites and so far nothing found, so worst story will just order a new one come spring, but right now hope beats eternal.

Had not realized they have made this trailer that long, seems to last for ever and do like the complete unit from set up to fabric to durability. Thanks again

Just ordered stuff for the bike, from trailer hitch, fuse block, ground block, cig lighter, pegs and other stuff needed. Girlfriend said I had been so wonderful she bought so how good is that.

Now to figure out how to hook it up, buddy has an older wing and had installed this stuff so will get to it when it warms up, March or April here, sorry about that.
Again thanks for the info and effort.
rick

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
imported post

Will say that if you get the pod you really do need the undercarriage storage to offset the hitch weight.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
imported post

does the undercarriage storage drag on curbs and stuff, had big motorhome and the hitch always dragged if you went straight down the curb?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
imported post

Shuter98 wrote:
does the undercarriage storage drag on curbs and stuff, had big motorhome and the hitch always dragged if you went straight down the curb?
Never had it hang up yet. Gravel road, speed bumps, rough blacktop, curbs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.