Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
Doesn't look like a carb part to me. Doesn't look like any part I've seen on my bikes. But, it does look like if it went to the bike it would go to something plastic....

Check your false tank and air cleaner and lower fairings and such and see if you can find another part that looks like that.......

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Not having TOO much experience with the 1200s, it looks like it MIGHT be an isolator for the air tubes that run under the carb.s; maybe....

Its not from inside the carb.s thats for sure.

Not to sound like a smart butt, but, if the bike runs fine without it.....

Bill

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
its off the coffee maker

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
It looks like one of the dampers on the metal plate behind the radiator. It helps support the top part of the plate to the removable front motor mount cross brace. One on each side at the top if I remember correctly. The plate is fastened securely on the bottem through the front motor mount bolts so it's not going anywhere.

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
If it's not of the radiator, it's a rubber mount for a relay under the shelter, this is where I'd look first since you were just in there.

·
Administrator
27,923 Posts
It looks like one of the dampers on the metal plate behind the radiator. It helps support the top part of the plate to the removable front motor mount cross brace. One on each side at the top if I remember correctly. The plate is fastened securely on the bottem through the front motor mount bolts so it's not going anywhere.

Dizzy wins the prize, again. :claps:

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes...all I did was remove the lower part of the fairings on both sides. So it had to come off somewhere? Thanks for all the input.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,326 Posts
Dizzy is absolutely right...
If you don't want to bother putting it back on, I'll give you 5 bucks for it. Plus shipping.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Not having TOO much experience with the 1200s, it looks like it MIGHT be an isolator for the air tubes that run under the carb.s; maybe....

Its not from inside the carb.s thats for sure

Bill
Air tubes under carbs .

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Who can identify this part and where it goes??

I recently pulled my carbs off my GL 1200 1986 Aspencade and found this on top of motor before they came out? Can anyone positively identify and where it goes? And is it needed?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Why did you start a second thread on this ryster?? The one you started yesterday already has a lot of replies, you don't need to ask the same question in a new thread.

If you can't find your old threads or posts, just click the Search at the top of the forum, then in the drop-down box click "find my threads" or "find my posts".

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Why did you start a second thread on this ryster?? The one you started yesterday already has a lot of replies, you don't need to ask the same question in a new thread.

If you can't find your old threads or posts, just click the Search at the top of the forum, then in the drop-down box click "find my threads" or "find my posts".
To make it more of a general post instead of just a carb post. Thought it might generate more interest this way...

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
To make it more of a general post instead of just a carb post. Thought it might generate more interest this way...
No point in making an identical thread a day after the first one when plenty of members already responded. That just annoys people who took the time to chime in and help already. Keep it in the same thread so we don't have duplicates all over the forum.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No point in making an identical thread a day after the first one when plenty of members already responded. That just annoys people who took the time to chime in and help already. Keep it in the same thread so we don't have duplicates all over the forum.
I understand...:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.