Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi Everyone! Merry Christmas. I have really tried to research where these two springs came from. After re-assembly, I have the two springs as left-overs. They are sitting on a standard thermostat packing box, to help show scale. I really would like any suggestions. I have only run the engine in the shop and don't know about real throttle or engine performance. I think they were from some exterior sort of assembly as they show a little grime, but I can't be sure. They are off a 79 wing. Thanks, Jim

Attachments

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

They sure look like the springs that go inside the vacuum piston (under the top carb cover).

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

I don't think so Alan, they are too short and coarse for that. They look morelike the springs that the bolts securing the throttle link to the carbs goes through. That's the part that the throttle cables go into at the rear of the carb bodies. Of course I'm not an expert on the GL1000, I'm going on memory here.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Just back from the pub and im under the weather, :cooldj:and the first thing i read is that two "Gurus" have disagreed. :whip: Now your not supposed to do that in front of us members. :crying:Send each other a PM or email or something. :jumper:

:santawaving: :18red: :santawaving:

·
Premium Member
3,776 Posts
imported post

Sure does resemble a linkage spring, on or at opposite end of throttle linkage drum.

Check out www.goldwinginfo.com the pics are from old micro- fiche files, but may be of some help.... Good luck, I have no experience with 1,000's. No cracks Redwing, I'm out of mana...:D

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Well, at partsfish.com I have found a pic showing a spring located between the carbs but it doesn't show exactly where. I do have a spring between the throttle linkage (one on each side) where one carb linkage joins with the other, and the adjuster screw and locking nut surround this spring. Another? Beats me.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Yep, they look like the springs between the carbs where they link up. Attached is a photo from the Honda service manual. They are adjacent to the carb balance adjusters between the carbs.

There are also springs around the idle mixture screws. If the springs are from the rebuild kits, they might be from the idle mixture screws.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Wow Marco! Those were the springs. The ones that sandwiched in-line between the throttle shafts. Thank you, thank you, thank you :clapper:

You-da-man!

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Glad to be of help. Good luck with your bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.