Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I recently bought an 86 Interstate and the left pocket cover was in poor shape. Origional covers on e-Bay were very expensive and mostly in as bad shape as the one I had.

I did some searching and found these:

http://www.accessoryinternational.com/fairingpocketcovers.htm

They have them for the 1200's, 1500's & 1800's.

Got one and am very pleased. Not origional equipment but much betterlooking then what I had.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
imported post

jsmith24 wrote:
Now I'm sad...I thought I'd find a link to an 1100 cover. :( Oh well, off to Google. :)

Jack
Actually, the link above has a cover for the 82-83 1100s. You may be in luck. I have an '81 interstate. Anyone know what the difference in the fairings is? I thought they were all the same, 80-83...

hossners,

81 1100i se

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
imported post

Yes, the 80-83 fairings are the same for the most part, barring certain small differences. The pockets and pocket dimensions were all the same, unless I've gone completely off course.

Jack

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
imported post

hossners wrote:
jsmith24 wrote:
Now I'm sad...I thought I'd find a link to an 1100 cover. :( Oh well, off to Google. :)

Jack
Actually, the link above has a cover for the 82-83 1100s. You may be in luck. I have an '81 interstate. Anyone know what the difference in the fairings is? I thought they were all the same, 80-83...

hossners,

81 1100i se
Yes, the '80 to '81 cover had snaps on 3 sides, the left side was riveted to the pocket, and you undid the 3 sides, and the pocket folded over to the left.. The '82 and '83 had snaps on all 4 sides, no rivets.

Raymond

·
Banned
12,289 Posts
imported post

I forget who it was, but someone here was offering left side covers that he either made, or had made-up. If I recall correctly, there was a clear pocket sewn onto thefront/top of the cover as in a map window or the like. Looked excellent and relatively inexpensive. I don't know if it was a small batch run or not. Maybe he'll post.

:)

·
Just another ORF!
8,164 Posts
imported post

CaptainMidnight85 wrote:
I forget who it was, but someone here was offering left side covers that he either made, or had made-up. If I recall correctly, there was a clear pocket sewn onto thefront/top of the cover as in a map window or the like. Looked excellent and relatively inexpensive. I don't know if it was a small batch run or not. Maybe he'll post.

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum6/60527.html

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

I still have two brand-new pocket covers for a GL-1200, made by a friend of mine in Mexico. Made of genuine (and thicker than the original) leather. Will last for over a decade I'm sure.

I paid $20 each and will sell them for $25 including postage.

Not making money - just providing a service.

I had some bad luck with duplicating the 1100 covers, but the 1200s and 1500s turned out quite nice.

PM me here or email rgbeard2002 at yahoo

·
Premium Member
9,775 Posts

·
Banned
12,289 Posts
imported post

Thanks Dusty Boots. I remembered the covers well, just not who they were from.

I didn't think of searching for them.

I clicked the links of the others above. The first gave no cost and bikerparts wouldn't come up...

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
imported post

W3JNP wrote:
I recently bought an 86 Interstate and the left pocket cover was in poor shape. Origional covers on e-Bay were very expensive and mostly in as bad shape as the one I had.

I did some searching and found these:

http://www.accessoryinternational.com/fairingpocketcovers.htm

They have them for the 1200's, 1500's & 1800's.

Got one and am very pleased. Not origional equipment but much betterlooking then what I had.
Thanks W3JNP for a Very Useful Post and Website URL.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
imported post

CaptainMidnight85 wrote:

Trucknchuck has them

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.