Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I recently bought an 86 Interstate and the left pocket cover was in poor shape. Origional covers on e-Bay were very expensive and mostly in as bad shape as the one I had.

I did some searching and found these:

http://www.accessoryinternational.com/fairingpocketcovers.htm

They have them for the 1200's, 1500's & 1800's.

Got one and am very pleased. Not origional equipment but much betterlooking then what I had.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
imported post

Now I'm sad...I thought I'd find a link to an 1100 cover. :( Oh well, off to Google. :)

Jack

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
imported post

jsmith24 wrote:
Now I'm sad...I thought I'd find a link to an 1100 cover. :( Oh well, off to Google. :)

Jack
Actually, the link above has a cover for the 82-83 1100s. You may be in luck. I have an '81 interstate. Anyone know what the difference in the fairings is? I thought they were all the same, 80-83...

hossners,

81 1100i se

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
imported post

Yes, the 80-83 fairings are the same for the most part, barring certain small differences. The pockets and pocket dimensions were all the same, unless I've gone completely off course.

Jack

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

hossners wrote:
jsmith24 wrote:

Jack
Actually, the link above has a cover for the 82-83 1100s. You may be in luck. I have an '81 interstate. Anyone know what the difference in the fairings is? I thought they were all the same, 80-83...

hossners,

81 1100i se
Yes, the '80 to '81 cover had snaps on 3 sides, the left side was riveted to the pocket, and you undid the 3 sides, and the pocket folded over to the left.. The '82 and '83 had snaps on all 4 sides, no rivets.

Raymond

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

I forget who it was, but someone here was offering left side covers that he either made, or had made-up. If I recall correctly, there was a clear pocket sewn onto thefront/top of the cover as in a map window or the like. Looked excellent and relatively inexpensive. I don't know if it was a small batch run or not. Maybe he'll post.

:)

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

CaptainMidnight85 wrote:
I forget who it was, but someone here was offering left side covers that he either made, or had made-up. If I recall correctly, there was a clear pocket sewn onto thefront/top of the cover as in a map window or the like. Looked excellent and relatively inexpensive. I don't know if it was a small batch run or not. Maybe he'll post.

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum6/60527.html

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

I still have two brand-new pocket covers for a GL-1200, made by a friend of mine in Mexico. Made of genuine (and thicker than the original) leather. Will last for over a decade I'm sure.

I paid $20 each and will sell them for $25 including postage.

Not making money - just providing a service.

I had some bad luck with duplicating the 1100 covers, but the 1200s and 1500s turned out quite nice.

PM me here or email rgbeard2002 at yahoo

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

Thanks Dusty Boots. I remembered the covers well, just not who they were from.

I didn't think of searching for them.

I clicked the links of the others above. The first gave no cost and bikerparts wouldn't come up...

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
imported post

Here is the correct link for the second one. Here
In the middle of the page.

Mine is an aftermarket one made by Hopnel.
It is similar to This one.

Here is one for the 1100s. Link

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
imported post

W3JNP wrote:
I recently bought an 86 Interstate and the left pocket cover was in poor shape. Origional covers on e-Bay were very expensive and mostly in as bad shape as the one I had.

I did some searching and found these:

http://www.accessoryinternational.com/fairingpocketcovers.htm

They have them for the 1200's, 1500's & 1800's.

Got one and am very pleased. Not origional equipment but much betterlooking then what I had.
Thanks W3JNP for a Very Useful Post and Website URL.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
imported post

CaptainMidnight85 wrote:

Trucknchuck has them

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.