Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Loosen the mounting bolts and pry the engine a little. If you search here you can find many examples. This isn't so much a year issue but a bike to bike issue. Some come right out, others don't. Most people grind the shift shaft clamp so it no longer interferes in the future.

·
Registered
1998 GL1500 SE
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yeah - I can see where grinding the shaft clamp will help, and I will do that. I loosened the 2 large allen heads on the fame under the radiator and the engine mount below the alternator, Been prying on stuff but haven't been able to get it off yet. It is So Close to coming off that it's not engaged on the spline, just can't get it quite far enough for it to come off.

·
Registered
1998 GL1500 SE
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
HEY THANKS - I GOT IT OUT!! I used a pry bar between the frame and the engine thru the mount under the alternator like this...
Hand Automotive tire Hood Tire Motor vehicle

Reactions: RedgieDR

·
Registered
51 Posts
Loosen the mounting bolts and pry the engine a little. If you search here you can find many examples. This isn't so much a year issue but a bike to bike issue. Some come right out, others don't. Most people grind the shift shaft clamp so it no longer interferes in the future.
We might deal with the same issue with my uncle's new bike project. Hope the pry bar would work. We'll take a closer look soon after we finish installing the brake pads and fuel wheels on the truck and clear the garage.

·
Registered
1998 GL1500 SE
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I'm a tool-n-die maker... Never seen a burr bit like that before! did it work good for the task as shown??

21 - 29 of 29 Posts