Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1980 Goldwing - Standard
93 Posts
Hello Jim-Bob

Your question evokes a memory. I have a 1980 Standard Goldwing. I don’t profess to be a mechanic, but rather handy.

About 10 or 15 years ago I had to remove my rear wheel assembly to remove a leaking gas tank. Upon reassembly I found my rear wheel binding. There were no extra parts in my hands or on the floor. I think I had incorrectly put a washer (spacer) on the end of the axle where the bolt and cotter pin were located. I relocated the washer and the binding stopped. Now, I can’t remember if it was on the outside or inside of the caliber housing.

I researched my Honda Goldwing Service Manual for 1980-1983. Hopefully, I’m going to attach a picture where it shows the washer. However, the picture is not that clear. It looks like the washer goes on the outside of the caliper housing. I would have thought otherwise. But you can try both locations to see if it stops the binding.

I hope this helps! Please let us know. This is a spectacular website! I’ve visited the site several times over the years. I was just on there 2 weeks looking to see if a left sided antenna mount was available to mount an American flag on a CB antenna. Pure Texas helped me out and the flag is strongly mounted. Good Luck!

Colin Young
(7 miles west of Boston)

Attachments

·
Registered
1980 Goldwing - Standard
93 Posts
Oh, Jim-Bob,

I forgot to mention that this page is 11-14 in the Honda Service Manual and look at the 2nd picture up from the bottom.

Good Luck,
Colin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts