Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
29,144 Posts
It is not an axle spacer. I have had every piece of an 1100 in my hand & I don't recognize that, but it has been a while.

·
Administrator
29,144 Posts
Colin,
Well, this is weird. I put all rhe parts coming off the bike into a plastic shoe box & this was the only thing left when I finished reassembling.
It is definitely not a seal. It is a washer/spacer thing. The washer between the hub bearing & the inside of the caliper arm (larger diameter) is also there although I MIGHT have installed it incorrectly on the outside, between swing & caliper arm. I'll check.
Dave 0430,
Maybe it's NOT an axe spacer. It just happens to fit the axle bolt SO well. I had front wheel, gas tank, carbs, seat & rear fenders off Not the front forks. Does that look like it might fit front axle or somewhere else?
It may fit the axle and may well have been in between the swing arm and the caliper bracket but it's not what belongs there. It should have been a larger OD flat washer or a collar similar to the inner one. Neither would make any difference in where the bracket sits. Only the inner flanged collar determines that, small end goes in the wheel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts