Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 1998 1500 A . My last gooldwing was a 1100 some years ago. I am a little cramped and would be much more comfortable if I could move my but back about 3 or 4 inches. Does any one know of a seat that would afford me that? I just bought this bike yesterday and love it just need to strech out a little . Mike

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
imported post

lots of the after market seats can be custom ordered to ift you better

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,711 Posts
imported post

I had a Diamond seat on my 1500, it was sculpted back about two inches if I recall correctly. It was also about two inches taller.

I had lots of room with that one.

I'm 5' 11", 32" inseam

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I am 5'11" also. Can I buy a seat like that or do I have to alter one? If I can buy one what make is it ? Thank you thank you very much.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,711 Posts
imported post

As it happens, I still have that seat. It is in my garage. If you would be interested in it, I can snap a few photos of it tonight after work.

It must be recovered before it is used as it has a rip in one side of it.

If this does interest you, please send a PM as I might not see this thread again for a while.

·
Premium Member
61,457 Posts
imported post

I'm 6/1 and it gets a bit cramped with the stock seat.. I have forward pegs and that gives me the stretch I need on the cheap..

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
imported post

I did the same as Foodman with the forward pegs. I'm 6' with two bad knees and the pegs let me stretch out. It's a big help.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thanks for the input . I do have highway pegs but it is the in traffic and on real windy mountain roads, which is where I live, Pioneer Ca. up country, I need to be close to the shifter and break. I am going to try the seat first. Will keep you posted.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
imported post

Heck, Mike, I love the seat you have on that bike! Of course, I'm 5'8", and legroom is not much of an issue for me!

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
imported post

Foodman, I am about the same stature as you. I have platform style highway pegs (if thats what you mean by forward pegs). Do you ride with platform heel/toe shifter or the stock style pegs? Coming from a 1200 to the 1500 I'm looking to get a bit less "cramped" and may need to have seat work done as well.I also have a tendancy to get my boot caughtbetween the shifter & roadwhen I'm making left turns from a stop at intersections. Any other tricks you have to "strech out" on your setup?

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
imported post

Foodman, I am about the same stature as you. I have platform style highway pegs (if thats what you mean by forward pegs). Do you ride with platform heel/toe shifter or the stock style pegs? Coming from a 1200 to the 1500 I'm looking to get a bit less "cramped" and may need to have seat work done as well.I also have a tendancy to get my boot caughtbetween the shifter & roadwhen I'm making left turns from a stop at intersections. Any other tricks you have to "strech out" on your setup?

·
Premium Member
61,457 Posts
imported post

My pegs are about 6 inches from the back end of the engine crash bars, in the center.. They look like two thumbs sticking out when there down.. Bigger then thumbs of course.. They can folded up or down and they hinge on impact..
I don't like floor boards.. To me they get in the way when I come to a stop and put me feet on the ground..
When I have my feet on the stock peg I drag my heels and outside of my boots on hard turns.. On the forward pegs I'll drag my heels just before the pegs hit..
Being able to move from stock to forward pegs keeps my butt from going numb and knees from getting sore.. Going from peg to peg I can ride tank to tank, 200 plus miles with ease...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.