Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i have to say i had my doubts about using Pledge on my windshield. i had lots of swirl circle visible when riding at night especially.
this weekend i bought some Pledge, i had some dusting to do also......:D. well , i am impressed;) i rode to work in the dark hours today,and WOWIE ZOWIE. the windshield looks fantastic. i am convert.
now to figure out how long this will last in the Florida sun.

thanks to all

Robin(Mr Duster) Johnson

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Not just the windshield, you can clean your whole bike with it. Will not hurt anything, can spray it on the seats and all, shines and cleans it up good. I have never seen it harm any kind of finish on a bike. It also does not leave little white lines and gunk like wax does.

Kit

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
imported post

I've read about it too so I'm going to try it

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
imported post

I use it on my scoot, on everything. Just use it sparingly if you use too much of it at once it can make a mess.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Been using it since 1977, when Craig Vetter recommended it to clean and polish up his fairings/bags/windshields.

Quickest way to make your bike l:madeyes::madeyes:k purty! :grinner:

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

its nice to know that another can is as close as any grocery store, 7-11, wm, or wherever.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

I switched to the Orange Pledge, because I liked the smell better.......

and so did every yellow jacket, wasp, bumble bee, grass hopper, and clem caddlehopper in the whole universe..... or at least in Kittitas county!

:shock::shock::shock::shock:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Motosickle wrote:
i have to say i had my doubts about using Pledge on my windshield. i had lots of swirl circle visible when riding at night especially.
this weekend i bought some Pledge, i had some dusting to do also......:D. well , i am impressed;) i rode to work in the dark hours today,and WOWIE ZOWIE. the windshield looks fantastic. i am convert.

thanks to all

Robin(Mr Duster) Johnson
If you keep an old T shirt in one of your boxes, you can slip this over the screen to protect it, and the dash area from harmful sunlight, when you are not riding of course. :shock:plus it mans you have a ready made cotton duster to use with teh pledge, when you might need to touch it up with polishing. :)

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Motosickle wrote:

thanks to all

Robin(Mr Duster) Johnson
If you keep an old T shirt in one of your boxes, you can slip this over the screen to protect it, and the dash area from harmful sunlight, when you are not riding of course. :shock:plus it mans you have a ready made cotton duster to use with teh pledge, when you might need to touch it up with polishing. :)
Great Idea Foxy, wish i'd thought of it! I do however carry a can of pledge in the trunk along with WD40 and Duct tape ( habit from 10 years in Canada)

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
imported post

GoldWingPastor wrote:
The only hard part is giving the bike a quick polish without getting stuck to do the furniture afterwards...      ;)
Ain't that the truth!:cheeky1:

My wife asked me one day where I was going with the Pledge and like an idiot, I told her.
"After cleaning that bike of yours, you can tackle the living room furniture!":baffled:

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
imported post

I just picked up a case of off brand lemon pledge for
.60 cents a can
A Dollar Town going out of buisness.........

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

ddrumman2004 wrote:
GoldWingPastor wrote:
The only hard part is giving the bike a quick polish without getting stuck to do the furniture afterwards... ;)
Ain't that the truth!:cheeky1:

My wife asked me one day where I was going with the Pledge and like an idiot, I told her.
"After cleaning that bike of yours, you can tackle the living room furniture!":baffled:
Now, you and GoldwingPastor are doing things wrong you see!!!!:doh:Fancy trying to get away scott free with pinching the wife's Pledge, now if you get down to the store and stock up on a couple of cans for the garage and saddle bag, there will be no need for this un necessary appointment with the furniture. :clapper::D:cooldevil:

I always keep stocks of Pledge or alternative makes around the garage and in my van, so as to avoid that house cleaning skylark!!!!

So come on guys.... get devious!!!!!!:angel::banana::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

I wonder how Plexus would work on the dining room table ? :)

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Wingnumberone wrote:
I wonder how Plexus would work on the dining room table ? :)
Please let us know.... if you live to tell the tale!!!!!:shock::D

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
imported post

I have swirl marks on the front shield on my bike and when the sun was shining on it yesterday, I found it extremely hard to see out of it. It is made of Lexan, so will I still be able to use Pledge??

Everrett

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

A couple times per year, I use a synthetic polymer to shine up all the paint [& keep out UV rays], then it's generic orange furniture wax...$0.92/can vs Pledge brand $3.52/can.

Been using it on my bikes for decades. You can try it on anything...if you don't like it, soap & water takes it off.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
imported post

I hate to be the naysayer...and to each his own, but I've not been overly impressed with the "Pledge"...but I still use it..We have the "love bugs" here in south Georgia...or at least we had them until the weather turned off cool...and it doesn't seem to provide much protection....the bugs are still very difficult to scrape off....but then again, what could possibly work on "love bugs".. I'm not totally convinced that it acts as the best "rain repellant" either, but it's certainly a bargain..

I don't mean to be a "buzz kill"...it's just kind of mynature..

Best regards,

Chester Gunn/Chula, GA

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.