Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
26,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I tried out my new HID lights on the way home from a 462 mile ride today, WOW.
It was not completely dark as I got close to home but even in the twilight any road sign in line of sight was lit, no matter how far off it was. Well they don't get in line of sight very far off around here but still at least 1/4 mile. The 1800 has good headlights already but this is awesome.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
imported post

They look really bright, are they the replacement bulbs or the complete kit with chokes David

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
imported post

I put them on my Explorer a couple of months ago. I put this kit on, $40 for both headlights, including ballasts, which was not bad at all.

I mounted the ballasts in the engine compartment - you can see the size of them here:

The brightness of the HID lamps is astounding, and as Dave mentioned, the signs light up from half a mile a way or more. You can see the difference in color between the HID headlamps and the regular halogen incandescent driving lights:

I considered putting one in my Goldwing, and I still might, when my Silverstar burns out someday.

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
imported post

Got them on my car oem fit, they are very good indeed, you can order the lights at diferent temperatures which give of diferent tints of light, bluish tint is a favourite.

Would not be surprised when the next wing comes out that they willbe standard

·
Administrator
26,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I used the same kit as GSM, looks to be the same anyway but I didn't get them from the site you posted previously because of the ridiculous shipping cost. I am now having a radio reception problem caused by the ballasts I believe.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
imported post

what kit is this? for $40 buck?

where do we het it? does it fit or is there a kit for the 1500's??

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
imported post

Is there any problem with the heat they put out on the stock headlamp housing?

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

W:shock:W!!!!!

·
Administrator
26,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

nosvet, http://vvme.com/product/detail-20023.html You order a kit with the tyype of bulbs you have.

redz90 the HIDs put out less than 1/2 the heat of a halogen bulb. I put pictures of my infrared thermometer pointed at them in another thread on this, somewhere.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.