Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess I'll start the "arrived home safely" thread as we just arrived home - we were probably the closest members to the rally... About a 3 hour trip for us back to Georgetown, TN - uneventful trip except for the bear that ran out in front of me while leaving town via The Dragon - another biker almost hit him coming the other way - I was in a hard right hand turn when I first saw him - wish I would have had the camera running - would have made a great picture... Nice ride home - sunny and warm, bumped into English Bob (John) and Carmel Cat (Gwen) at the gas station at 129 and 441...

Thia was our first NASSIR - we had a blast - great job done by Halfling, DubsWing and the rest of the crew - See ya'll next year for NASSIR 8!!!;)

Les & Lynne (dadztoy)

·
Premium Member
4,400 Posts
I arrived home about 2:30pm. Great weather and not much traffic. Had a great time. Thanks to all of those who put this rally on, it was a great one. Thanks to Creekwalker for putting my up for the week and feeding me!

See y'all in Edgefield next year!

·
Premium Member
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't wait for next year Sean - was nice to meet you - great job at the auction!!

Les

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
Shawn and Cheryl are home .got here about 3:30 today . we were welcomed by some million gnats an sweltering heat

hope all a safe trip home and Hi to all who I missed seeing

·
Premium Member
3,385 Posts
Got home about 4:30pm and was immediately mugged by my 2 Jack Russell's!!! :grin:

John, Bernie... Many, MANY Thanks!! This was my wife's first 'cycle rally of any kind and she really enjoyed herself thanks to all the people who took the time just to say Hello!!! I appreciate all of you!!!! :coollep: :coollep:

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Arrived home safe and sons but warm

Had a very nice ride home until around Lexington, KY., then it started to heat up. My wife was unhappy with it, but I have waited all winter for warm weather.!
Ran into Jim and Debra, from Canada and rode behind their Wing and casket trailer for a while, then pulled off to use the McDonalds facilities!:)
This was also our first NASSIR and we had a great time. Looking forward to the next one! Rain be damned!
Thanks to "the cruiser" for getting us involved. It was great getting to meet all the other participants, though I am not sure about "fly one"! :praying:
Jeffrey J. & Maureen Eller, AKA: Mr. & Mrs. Green Dragon

·
Administrator
20,578 Posts
Nice job posting that you're home!!!!!

Keep those posts rolling in!!!!! :claps:

·
Deceased 1/2017
1,206 Posts
We made it home about 5:00, after a brief detour through Cherokee and no I didn't win anything but the good news is I didn't lose any either.....:ROFL:

Louann and I had a great time as this was our first NASSIR, we met so many wonderful people and I think I can safely say that we made lasting friendships with many of you all. I want to thank everyone for the hard work that was put into this and we are looking forward to NASSIR 8 next year.

On a side note, Louann was eyeballing every 1800 on the way home to figure out which color she liked best and which trike kit she liked best.....I think I'm in trouble.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
3 Eagles (Jeff) is home at 1630, Central Time. Had a great breakfast, 3 laps on the Dragon, then a nice trip home, by way of the Cherohala (or is that Cherahola??) :praying:

This was my first (certainly not my last) NASSIR. Thanks to all who made it a success, and thecruiser (Larry) who recruited me, also.:claps:

Looking forward to next year.:waving:

Ride Safe,
Jeff

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
I made it home at 2:30. I hit alittle rain coming into Atlanta.

I would like to thank everybody for making my memories so special.

I look forward to the next one.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
We are still in Fontana. Where did everybody go?:ROFL:
Will be leaving for home tomorrow.:sadguy: Should be home by Sunday a little after noon.

·
Premium Member
12,054 Posts
We arrived home about 6:00 we took the long route home up through
Cherokee, Smokey Mtn. N.P. and Gatlinburg. Had to get one more ride in
before we left. Thanks to the Hosts and all the ones that worked to make
Nassir7 a great event. Can't wait for next year.

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
Won't be home until next week but we did make it safely to my sister's place in Banner Elk. Highland Games here this weekend!!!

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
HOME!!!!!

Took the highways for a while but traffic was bad and it was HOT out. So we jumped on the BRP an seen more Deer, Turkeys, Rabbits, muscrates and a Bear than they have in a Zoo........ Great riding!

·
Just one of the guys
4,783 Posts
We made it as far we intended, got a campsite in Cherokee and will be here a few days, our actual return home won't be for a while yet so don't get anxious if you don't hear from us for a while.

I cans ay it is a pretty safe be a good time was had by all, I know we had tons and tons of fun. A truly great group of people. See you in September '15.

·
X-Roughneck
1,229 Posts
Buck and Donna made it home safe w/o any problems at all. (9:45pm)Very light sprinkles last 5 miles.
WHAT AN AWESOME GROUP! We both had a very good time.Thanks to all!

·
Premium Member
3,748 Posts
Made it home after 17 hours (with a 2 hour stop at Barber's Vintage Motorsports Museum. Took the Interstate to Birmingham but just couldn't handle anymore of it. Ended up running secondary roads to the tune of 670 miles. Had a great time & really enjoyed seeing old friends & meeting new ones. Looking forward already to next year!

1 - 20 of 141 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.