Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have been very interested in making things to replace for my wing that doesnt cost an arm or a leg. The economy is killing me but I know many replacements are out there at a cheaper expense.

My search for speakers have lead me to a junk yard. There are tons of late model wrecked cars with great speakers that may fit in place of the old wings speakers.

A little seaching, a bit of easy fabrication, and maybe even a good connection .

i am curious to see what others have done. maybe we can make this a sticky in the future

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

I got some clarion speakers off a 1983 interstate in real good shape yoiu could get for 25.00 , plus ship. they fit on the faring.

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Seriously no offense. But i have speakers on my 84. WHy would yours be in better shape.
Its time for an upgrade. Better quality. out with the paper cones and in with some synthetic.A set off of a 2009 wrecked acura with the bose system is what I plan on getting even If i have to modify the housing.
Thanks for the offer .
Jose

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

watch the ohm load on the Bose car stuff, most are 1/2, 1, or 2 ohm and you will let all the magic smoke out by hooking those up.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
imported post

While riding last summer I met a guy that added an auxilary gas tank in the trunk of his 1000. He said he could get an easy 300 miles between fill ups. Not sure it was the safest thing I have ever seen and if you are going cross country, I think I would just as soon have the extra storage but it was kind of a neat modification. I had never seen that before.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,655 Posts
imported post

when I had my 1200, I carried two 2.5 gallon plastic gas cans in the left saddle bag. they fit perfect, rode there for more than a year and never gave a moment's trouble.

I took them out when I finally replaced the rusted tin can that was supposed to be a gas tank.

I had pushed a solder iron thru the screw on cap and slipped a gas line down thru the cap. Never leaked a drop of fuel.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
imported post

got a digital volt meter from camping world, one of thlose that go into the cigarette lighter and wired it up to show voltage. mounted it to the fairing with velcro.

Made drinking water connection from a gallon water jug, ran some silicone fish tank tubing from it to a windshield washer pump and I can get cold water while on the go. works well can also use it to wet my self down in hot weather. small on off switch that I store in the right trunk pocket. Either use it when solo by extending the switch cord and tubing, or wife will control when 2 up.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

UBarW wrote:
my son rode with me once. He's home made. LOL...
Are you sure, buddy? Haven't checked for any hidden labels, have you?

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Had a friend once, who thought his son was home-made.... but it turned out he was secretly imported during a teacher's conference!

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
UBarW wrote:
my son rode with me once. He's home made. LOL...
Are you sure, buddy? Haven't checked for any hidden labels, have you?

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Had a friend once, who thought his son was home-made.... but it turned out he was secretly imported during a teacher's conference!
made at someones home, cj, spose it coulda been someone elses...:D

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

this post went south real quick.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.