2,801 Posts
imported post

My half-a-UFO

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

Under saddlebags, under trunk, under floorboards, lower cowl, etc., there's a bunch o' places you have left :) Goos start though. The guy I bought my bike from (I didnt do any of the lights BTW), drilled the fairings, drilled the trunk, there is a couple of ships on the saddlebag lids that have tiny LEDs that rotate around the ship and water. He spent WAY more time than I would, but all the work he did was very well done.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Wow Digby, looks amazing. Really cool. That pic at the Memorial is spectacular.
Da_Bull, so this guy drilled holes into the panels and installed the lights from the inside I would suppose. Sounds very risky. Any idea how this is done with such accuracy? Any wrong move and you have a crooked, hackjob. Spacing must be exact. Would love to do this, but dont have the confidance for such an endeaver. Way too precise. Looks great though. I will do this if there is a foolproof way of not screwing it up. I really dont want to just tack lightstrips all over the bike as this does not look so hot in the daytime, but yours looks very professional, and even looks good in the day.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

Thanks. The guy I bought it from was/is one of those guys that all he does is sit in his basement and tinker. He modified his basement to be able to roll the bike and trailer in there. When I went to pick up some extras from him (key, trim, lower cowl, etc. He had like 5-6 homemade chandeliers hanging around the "shop". He had back surgery and doc said if he was going to get another bike, it'd have to be a trike, so he moved on to another hobby (bike had 151K on it when I bought it last year, so he wasnt going to trike it). He bought it new. I wish I could find the picture I took of his garage wall that had all the oil changes, tires, maintenance stuff he'd done to it over the years. It was a list about 4 foot tall and over a foot wide. Said "Oil Change 149,192", "Tires 148,911", "Brakes 121,567", etc. just penciled in right by the door into the "shop". Heckuva guy, we talked for over an hour.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.