Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

C'mon, you camper-trampers! Let's see where you slept this last summer....

Here's our last night out on a five week tour: that's my tough little wife, the best wife in the world, climbing out of one of the best tents ever made, the 4-person Eureka, at Lolo Hot Springs, Montana....a place where Lewis and Clark and their Corps of Discovery also camped, both coming and going. This is traditionally the place where we spend our last night out..... cost, $17.

Attachments

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Okay, what did I do wrong? Is this a "weinie" thread or what? I know some of you guys did some camping! C'mon!

Here's another from the CJ and Red team...... This is a beautiful, urban campground than we found by accident. It's smack in the middle of Fredericton, NB, Canada..... grassy, sparkling clean restrooms, and bath.... The cost was staggering: another $17 USD....... Montana to Nova Scotia, there's some beautiful camping to be had......

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

CJ, I guess you and Red are the only true campers out there. I know I didn't get any camping in thei year, barley got any time off, oh well retirement is not far off. :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

I agree CJ... those Eureka Timberline tents are some darned good tents that have been around for 30+ years.

Then again... those North Face Arrowhead and VE-25's are pretty cool too.

This is from a few years back... day break at Loop Camp in Big Bend National Park.. mere feet from the Mexican border... like maybe 5 feet. Everything behind that Ocatillo is Mexico. 46 miles of dirt road from here to the nearest pavement.

Under the Big Western Sky!

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

That's what I'm talking about..... thanks Agnogel and US385 South..... appreciate it...... that's a good looking tent, 385... is that the North Face?

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
imported post

CJ, this was our FIRST YEAR out so we didn't have much of a chance to get geared up so we had to rough it. HOWEVER, next year we will be exploring a bit more of the camping lifestyle. A friend of mine owns a Play It Again Sports and he will be outfitting us accordingly!

Pics pulled to keep the integrity of the thread accurate.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
imported post

I will show off some of the camping I'm doing in 3 weeks when I get out. This summer has been hectic with starting a new business *wifes* plus the upcoming daughters nuptials.

Soon there will be some of the wonderful State Park we have a mere 1 mile from our home.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
imported post

And, if I'm not mistaken, here's one you slept in CJ. Whitefish, MT. Notice the doors on the trailer are left open. That was to let the trains through. :shock::shock::shock::shock:

One every hour and a half. But still a nice place and I'd stay there again.

Attachments

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

CAMPING! ..... you guys actually go ...(gulp)... CAMPING? :shock:

Keep beating the bushes, CJ!!! you are bound to flush out a few!:dance: :coollep:

Not acrime ... and not hard, or much to camping, folks.

Things have changed in the 'gear dept', since you last tried it. Spend the money on some 'good' gear and you'll be amazed at how 'comfortable' it is/can be. :thumbsup: ... not to mention the money you save by 'roughing it!' If it wasn't for camping, I'm sure I would not have been able to haveseena quarterthe places and sightsI've seen.!!

Here's asmall samplingof shots of just a couple of the ones I've camped at, across North America.

Lee Creek Campground Lolo Nat. Forest , Lolo Pass, MT - $12 - minutes from Lolo Hot Springs

Wood River Campground, Sawtooth Nat Forest, Ketchum, ID. - $15 -

3 minutes to Easley Hot Springs

Van Duzen Park, Humbolt County, Fortuna, CA - $18

Snow Canyon State Park, St George UT - Hot Showers - $16 Winger and I stayed here for a couple of nights

With a view like this, from our campsite ...

SpruceCreek Park, Bellevue, IA - Hot Showers, Free WiFi - $15

With a view from my tentof the Mighty Mississippi, like this ....

Granite Creek Rec Site, Coalmont, BC -$ 12

MacDonald Creek Provincial Park, Nakusp, BC. $14Minutes to 2 - 3 Hot Springs

with a view up river from our 'beach' the next morning, like this ....

Big Pine Campground, Custer, SD $23 -includes hot showers andfree WiFi

Toad Rock Motorcycle Campground, Balfour, BC(north of Nelson) $12

with this kind of scenery riding 10 minutes north,to another Hot Springs(Ainsworth Hot Springs-$7)

Watkins Glen State Park, Watkins Glen, NY - $22

Yup ....getting out often and really seeing North America by camping, ain't so bad, or, tough to do .... even for this 56 year old with blown out knees!

Dusty

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
That's what I'm talking about..... thanks Agnogel and US385 South..... appreciate it...... that's a good looking tent, 385... is that the North Face?
Yep! An older North Face model called an Arrowhead. Lil Brother of the VE-25's this one was bought about 1990 or so.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

Now we're rockin! I knew Dusty Boots would stagger in eventually with some of his best! Good going, boys, keep it up!

Like Dusty says, the gear today is phenomenal...... I started out as a Boy Scout with unframed canvas rucksacks and kapok filled sleeping bags. The gear was cold, heavy, and delicate..... today, even without a trailer, you can carry enough stuff to allow you to live like a king...... Camping and motorcycles....... a cheap, easy, lovely way to have a quality life!

(Perce Rock, Gaspe' Peninsula, Quebec, Canada)

(Hot Springs Campground, near LaGrande, Oregon)

(The Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina)

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
imported post

Great thread . . . hopefully can get the wife into camping one of these years, would love to do it.
CJ . . . your signature line is priceless, from one classic book.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

I have to agree with Dusty,,,,,, and I'm sure there are many others. I too,, would not be able to do the traveling/touring if it wasn't for camping from a motorcycle.

This is a great thread,,,, because CJ is the one I blame for getting me hooked. And then Dusty just keeps feeding me with more info and ideas to make it a full time obsession;).

My very first time camping from the bike,,,,,,,, Salida Colorado,,,,,,,

Mt. Rushmore,, after a hail storm. Thought the tent was a goner,,, but held up great

This is at our Nation's "First National Monument",,,,,

And this is the view I had of "that" monument from my tent,,,,,

1 - 20 of 152 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.