·
Premium Member
3,748 Posts
A couple pics

Attachments

·
Administrator
24,810 Posts
Ok, I took some pictures of it so you guys can decide. You will have to excuse the condition of the finish of the gun since it was dads home defense gun and spent most of it's life under a bed or in a closet. I will probably reblue it soon. Can't really ruin the value considering what it looks like now. You can see in the cylinder where it was machined for the long colt round and you can see the long Colt next to the 45 ACP.
What's the model #, should be on the frame inside the crane when you open the cylinder.

·
Premium Member
3,761 Posts
If that's an old MKII hand ejector, it could've been a bit valuable before the cylinder re-bore...

·
Registered
372 Posts
I can tell you that the gun was modified before I came about and I was born in 1953. I can remember shooting that gun when I was a real little tyke with my dad holding it for me as I pulled the trigger. I will look for the model number in a bit.

·
Administrator
24,810 Posts
Dave, the only number I can find in there is 2918. Does that make any sense?
Just a serial #on the older models. Your is a .455 Hand ejector British Service 455 I think.

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
Hey Peter,
Did you ever get an answer to your dilemma with traveling to Canada and guns? Bottom line is that you can ship/mail any part of a firearm except the controlling part that is serialized. Uncle takes the position that the part with the S/N is a gun, the other parts just support that part so that it can function properly. The serial number for most revolvers is on the frame and for semiautomatic it's the receiver. Sorry it took so long to get back to you, hope this helps.

·
Administrator
24,810 Posts
Did a little shooting today. Got out my contender 223 and banged on an 8" gong at 200 yards, 3 different loads with 3 different bullets, all right on. The I got out my glock 22 40 cal. which I haven't shot much, beginning to think I don't like it much. Definitely not a target pistol.

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts
Hey Peter,
Did you ever get an answer to your dilemma with traveling to Canada and guns? .
Thanks Charlie for getting back to me. What I will do is UPS it to ME at a future stay hotel as " machined parts" It is illegal for anyone to open a package addressed to someone else. If I remove the barrel it wont be functional.
It doesn't bother me much omitting the truth.
I could UPS it as "a gun" but thats more expensive and you say Uncle Sam considers the receiver to be the gun so Postal Office is a no go. Im not paranoid but as people take animals in airplanes as "comforting pet "I like to have my "comforting friend" along in my trips
All my handguns are semi auto

I thought the barrel has a serial number on it too.

·
Premium Member
3,761 Posts
Well Dave at least you're getting some trigger-time. Winter finally got here Sat/Sun, 10" of snow with highs in the lower teens. 4* last night and I don't care what the wind chill is, I'm staying inside...

·
Registered
372 Posts
Winter got here with single digit temps and 40 MPH winds. I was going to go to the range but then I realized I am not 25 years old and impervious to the cold anymore! I will sit here in front of the fire and wait for spring. Or at least something that resembles it.

·
Premium Member
3,385 Posts
Winter got here with single digit temps and 40 MPH winds. I was going to go to the range but then I realized I am not 25 years old and impervious to the cold anymore! I will sit here in front of the fire and wait for spring. Or at least something that resembles it.
No indoor ranges around there?? There's one near me but I can't really get any use outta my 500 there due to the range not allowing the use of re-loads... I might take my Ruger over there though to practice and save my nickels to buy a couple box's of the 500gr Hornady's so's I can use both while I'm there!! They rent full automatic's there so they shouldn't have any problem with the racket my Smith will make... :ROFL::ROFL:

·
Administrator
24,810 Posts
I like doing my own thing too much to use an indoor range & I haven't bought any factory ammo in years & don't plan to. Luckily it's not often I get bad weather for very long. I have my own range and it's just 100' from my reloading room so I can try something and if I don't like the results I can in just a few minutes try something else.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am very thankful that Indiana is a pro-2A state. I am also thankful that I live in the sticks and have enough ground to have a safe place to shoot. My favorite carry is my Dan Wesson 15-2 and my backup for when I don't dress enough to hide the revolver is Ruger Lc9s. Both my wife and shoot but she doesn't carry as she doesn't think she could shoot anyone so it better that she doesn't. Have several more pistols and several long guns from .22 up to .300 WinMag and a couple scatter guns. I love hunt and use both archery and guns to get what we need for meat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
24,810 Posts
I am very thankful that Indiana is a pro-2A state. I am also thankful that I live in the sticks and have enough ground to have a safe place to shoot. My favorite carry is my Dan Wesson 15-2 and my backup for when I don't dress enough to hide the revolver is Ruger Lc9s. Both my wife and shoot but she doesn't carry as she doesn't think she could shoot anyone so it better that she doesn't. Have several more pistols and several long guns from .22 up to .300 WinMag and a couple scatter guns. I love hunt and use both archery and guns to get what we need for meat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
And you have another essential item. Don't ever go anywhere without a knife. I feel naked without one.

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
Peter,
This is something I found on the net....good, bad or ugly you should do some additional research. However, I don't see how you can ship a handgun to yourself without being an FFL holder.

According to the USPS guidelines for nonlicensees, “all regulated firearms must be mailed using a USPS product or Extra Service that provides tracking and signature capture at delivery.” However, nonlicensed individuals cannot ship handguns or other “firearms capable of being concealed on the person.” Even if you’re shipping the handgun to an FFL holder, you will have to ship it through a contract carrier. The USPS will ship handguns only for official government, military and law enforcement agencies.

While UPS is often cited as a viable contract carrier for firearms, it isn’t really an option for a nonlicensed person shipping a firearm to another nonlicensed person even if you are shipping in state. UPS specifies that it accepts packages for transportation only:

• between FFL holders,
  • from an FFL holder to an individual or
  • from an individual to an FFL holder.
That said, UPS accepts firearms only through a UPS Scheduled Pickup Account or UPS Customer Center. You must opt for delivery confirmation and an adult signature. While long guns can travel ground, UPS ships handguns only via UPS Next Day Air® services. UPS does not offer UPS Returns® Services for firearms.

FedEx has policies for shipping firearms that are quite similar to those of UPS. FedEx ships firearms between FFL holders and from nonlicensees to FFL holders. You must select the “Direct Signature Required or Adult Signature Required Delivery Signature Option,” and firearms ship via FedEx’s Priority Overnight services.

·
Administrator
24,810 Posts
My birthday present to me, the scope. Now I get to sight it in.

Attachments

·
Administrator
24,810 Posts
are you going to use a Red Dot laser to help sight it in?
No, I don't have a bore sighter. It's just a matter of shooting at a large target at close range and adjusting to it then move to longer range.

41 - 60 of 165 Posts