Administrator
26,539 Posts

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Bullet Proof glass............
the makers weren't thinking about a 50 cal.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I voted for Gov. Kevin Stitt (R), and fully feel that he will sign this bill w/o even thinking twice.

Still, if you travel out of state, it would seem to me, that having a CCW permit would be required to be legal in another state....

but, if we can ever ( lost cause? ) gets this passed in all 50 states, it would be a tremendous thing to have happen.
First you would have to have a law that even allowed you to carry WITH a permit in NJ before anything else could happen. And with Democrats in full control now that just ain't gonna happen.:mad:

·
Administrator
26,539 Posts
First you would have to have a law that even allowed you to carry WITH a permit in NJ before anything else could happen. And with Democrats in full control now that just ain't gonna happen.:mad:
Just like they want it, only outlaws can have guns.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Yea, But I will bet you my next pension check that half those politicians have permits to carry and DO carry! How many times have we read about some rabid gun control activist having an accidental discharge of their CCW? I can think of a few that have shot their own feet.

·
Premium Member
1985 GL1200 Limited Edition
3,485 Posts
Bullet Proof glass............
the makers weren't thinking about a 50 cal.

https://youtu.be/24Uz2OcbEmo
John... You'll have bullet proof glass like that shown in the video,, and then you'll have bullet proof glass that used to protect people like the President... In other words there's different levels of Bullet Proof..... :toast:

·
Administrator
26,539 Posts
Yea, But I will bet you my next pension check that half those politicians have permits to carry and DO carry! How many times have we read about some rabid gun control activist having an accidental discharge of their CCW? I can think of a few that have shot their own feet.
I guess I should have included gun ban activists & politicians with outlaws.

Reactions: AZgl1800

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,787 Posts
Well, I am a firm believer in the constitution and the 2nd "however" I cringe at the thought of some of the idiots here in Oklahoma being able to carry without any training. Scary!

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Being an Okie, not from Muskogee, I tend to agree....
I would like to see a requirement for a carry class, even if you did not go thru with a CCW permit.

my daughter has done that, got top marks, but does not want to carry.

·
Registered
381 Posts
In that video of the guy shooting the glass there was a linked video of a bystander shooting at a perp that a cop had stopped and the guy drove off. The cop was right there leaning in the car when this guy unloaded! Lucky for him the cop had restraint or he could have been real dead! You can't just start shooting at someone because he did not listen to the cop and took off!!! Some people definitely do not have the temperament to carry. Or common sense.

Tried to find the video but can't find it.

·
103 Posts
What feels good in your hand and is reliable is the best. I want a sub compact auto in 22 magnum, but nobody makes one.

But they make a cool 1911 in 22mag I want one .

If the bullet don't stop em the noise should scare em off .

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
I have two rules for pistols in defensive situations...
Accuracy beats horsepower
and
Unless you have a reason otherwise, bullet diameter should start in the 4's and go up from there.
I don't want to have to empty a gun to get the job done.

Having said that, I live in a large city and I sure could use my old gallery gun with CB Shorts in for squirrels and rats. That puppy was quieter than my pellet gun. Just a short snap.

I miss that crappy Rossi takedown pump.

·
Administrator
26,539 Posts
But they make a cool 1911 in 22mag I want one .

If the bullet don't stop em the noise should scare em off .
A 22 LR even is more lethal than you might think. I can't mention the edible critters I have dispatched with a 22.

Reactions: dwade

·
Registered
381 Posts
People dismiss the .22 is a "kids gun" or a "women's gun" I always love that one. The one I still love to shoot to this day was my mothers gun! The 22 long rifle bullet is moving at roughly 1200 FPS and when it enters it tumbles. Once in a body they travel all over the place. If you remember it was a .22 that almost killed President Reagan. From Wikipedia, ""Reagan was struck by a single bullet that broke a rib, punctured a lung, and caused serious internal bleeding,"" And THAT was AFTER ricocheting off of the side of the armored limo! Yes, a .22lr will do a LOT of damage.

Most people that I know from my service in the military who seriously prepare for disaster scenarios, Not preppers, serious people, will have a 308 caliper long gun but what they stock up on the most is .22 with usually a Ruger 10/22 rifle. They will tell you that .22 ammo is cheap, easy to find anywhere and stores well. They also tell me that in a STHTF scenario when people are looting houses for ammo they are likely to leave the .22 ammo behind for the same reasons, it is kids ammo. So more available when needed. The 308 is great if you need to take down a deer at 200 yards but in a pinch you can take a deer at 100 yards with a .22. It may not be as humane as the 308 but it will get the job done.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
Lots of Cabbys carry 4" smith 22's as they are easy to carry and with low muzzle rise are great for rapid follow up shots.

I read about a guy who regularly did wild boar hunts with only a 22 mag. So I'm not poo pooing the 22. I have ammo cans full of them.

Last time I saw published one-shot-kill stats (people), the .357 mag had the top position by a long shot.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
This one is a bit to big for a cabby to carry.

Attachments

·
Administrator
26,539 Posts
Reactions: AZgl1800

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
I've always been a Ruger fan. The little "Pig" is my summer carry.

Attachments

Reactions: dwade

·
Administrator
26,539 Posts
Nice collection. I'm a Ruger fan too.

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
I like Rugers also. I have a Single Six 22 I bought in 73 and a P89 9mm.

141 - 160 of 166 Posts