Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

161 - 165 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
My carry gun is a Bersa thunder 380, looks and a small Beretta 92. I have run a lot of standard load ammo through it, with never a misfire or misfeed. It is easy to strip and clean, very smooth and tight slide, Double acting trigger with decocking safety. Trigger neutrals out when safety is on. Nice hammer for thumb ****. 7 shot mag, It is not as small as some 380s , but fits and feels good. With a Stoner IWB Holster, it is easily concealed and light enough that it doesn't pull down you pants. I also have a Beretta 92 9mm , and a Para Ordinance 1911 double stack in 45ACP. My son just bought the Bersa 380 in a double stack.

Since the 380 is essentially a 9mm short, people argue that it doen't have enough stopping power, but when I get out of practice mode, and load it for business, I use hollow point +P ammo, which will blossom out to about 20mm on entry. The plus P takes the FPS up over standard 9MM military round.
I practice shootiing 3 rapid fire shots, the recoil is very light compared to the micro 380s, with distance between highest and lowest shot seldom over 10-12 inches.
If I actually aim, I can keep the spread down to the size of my fist.

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,191 Posts
I'm fixing to buy me a Sig P365 for my birthday, looks like the answer, tiny as it can be (not much bigger than a Ruger LCP 380,) but with 10 rounds of 9mm.

Anyone tried one yet?
Well having now seen some reports on this gun I'm actually glad that I didn't, there have been all kinds of spring breakages and apparently far to many firing pin drag complaints. Nothing, I'm sure that Sig Sauer cannot fix, so I'll wait 'til next year.

Instead I've got my youngest son coming over. We're going to the Indy 500!!

·
Registered
252 Posts
You need to try the UK!! I used to have a lot of revolvers and auto pistols but years ago, because the local police did not do their "checks" properly a man in Dunblane killed several yougsters and teachers. Our government then banned the private ownership of "handguns" and had to buy them off us lawful owners, now only criminals carry illegal guns but i was paid about $5000.
Still mis them
8 3/8 nickel S&W model29
2 inch stainless model 29
4 inch blue 38/357 S&W
45acp S/W
9MM S/W
32 ACP Astra
.22 colt auto.

All plus lots of ammo

·
Administrator
25,378 Posts
You need to try the UK!! I used to have a lot of revolvers and auto pistols but years ago, because the local police did not do their "checks" properly a man in Dunblane killed several yougsters and teachers. Our government then banned the private ownership of "handguns" and had to buy them off us lawful owners, now only criminals carry illegal guns but i was paid about $5000.
Still mis them
8 3/8 nickel S&W model29
2 inch stainless model 29
4 inch blue 38/357 S&W
45acp S/W
9MM S/W
32 ACP Astra
.22 colt auto.

All plus lots of ammo
That is what we call a shame. From my cold dead fingers is how they will get mine.

161 - 165 of 165 Posts