Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

There is a lever under the right hand storage pocketbelow the speaker next to the pillion what is it for the bike is a 1991 1500SE

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
imported post

Its for the adjustable passenger footboards .When pull the leveryou stand onthe boards thenthey go down when you pull the lever on its own rhey pop back up. However there is a very likely possibility that they are stuck ( Mine are ) and I honestly don't know how useful they are anyway ?

Eric

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
imported post

They are to adjust the height of the passenger foot rests.
I agree with midwing, I have never used them, or even tried them. Pretty much a frilly thing to just throw up to valkrie riders. "My bike does this, and yours don't na na na na bo bo.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thankyou for your reply i can now tell the wife she has got something else to make her even more comfortable

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,674 Posts
imported post

On my bike, they worked perfectly.

And, they actually got used. Children need them at the higher setting. An adult will want them down lower.

I also found that it is a lot easier to get it up on the center stand if you have them raised out of the way.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Wish I had them, my wife needs them all the way up so she uses the lift portion of the footrest. The one for kids.:D

·
Senior Memory
613 Posts
imported post

Thats pretty cool idea. Mine just has the add on child rests that you fold up then move to the height you want and fold them down to lock them at the desired height. My Wife wwill use them to get more clearance so she can swing her leg across the back rest. She aint so flexable anymore.

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
imported post

ThFireman wrote:
Thats pretty cool idea. Mine just has the add on child rests that you fold up then move to the height you want and fold them down to lock them at the desired height. My Wife wwill use them to get more clearance so she can swing her leg across the back rest. She aint so flexable anymore.
ThFireman, I have the same ones as your's on my 1989 GL 1500. They are Starsteps made by Kriss Mfg. back in the 1990s. They are now called Kriss Safety Products, locatred in Tucson, AZ.They have not sold the Starsteps since 1993 and now only manufacture and sell electronic safety products for motorcycles, all USA made.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
imported post

Mine has the lever for the adjustable floorboards, and it works. Good thing, too: The wife is 5'2", my oldest son is 6'2", and my 11-year-old daughter is no where near 5' yet. Believe me, they get used...a lot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.