Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Did you know that in Quebec the cost to plate your bike is over $400? And next year the government plans to raise it to more than $500! This is not acceptable. What can we do about this ******* injustice??

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Move to the US...where your bike would cost you about $15 annually to register.

Mike

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
imported post

Move to the US...where your bike would cost you about $15 annually to register.
Apparently, that's the case in Nebraska, but it's higher in many other states. All states have a way of taxing you, some do it through income tax, some through sales tax, some through licensing fees, etc.
Washington, for example, has a sales tax, but no state income tax. Oregon has a state income tax, but no sales tax. Licensing in Oregon is considerably cheaper than Washington, but property tax is higher. In California, you get sales tax, state income tax, and high licensing fees.

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

In Iowa and Nebraska both (That I know of for sure), you pay a pretty high price for new, or near new vehicles, and it goes down a little annually. Once you hit the 15 to 20 year mark, you're down to $15 a year for cars, pickup trucks, vans, and motorcycles.

Mike

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Yeah, but you get to ride 1/3 of the year for it. We are forced to ride 11-12 months of the year. So maybe that is the difference. :baffled:

I just titled and tagged my GL1000 in GA and it was $42 total.
Tag alone will be about $14 next year.

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
imported post

Rider76. That includes your nofault insurance also. please correct me if i'm wronge. Tony:waving:

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

AVA AUTO TECH wrote:
Rider76. That includes your nofault insurance also. please correct me if i'm wronge. Tony:waving:
Still a rip off! My liscense is $15.00 a year and full coverage insurance is $210.00 a year........

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

rider 76 wrote:
Did you know that in Quebec the cost to plate your bike is over $400? And next year the government plans to raise it to more than $500! This is not acceptable. What can we do about this ******* injustice??
WOW--Perhaps you should have Ms Coulliard(sp?) speak with some of her friends about that.:cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
imported post

My registration on the bike is about $150/year, and insurance is $115/year.
Like many states, the cost of registration is highest on a new vehicle and drops as the years go by. In Oregon, as least when I lived there, the cost of registration was $20/year. But, they nailed you with a 9.9% income tax on everything you earned.

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

ob1quixote wrote:
Free health care isnt free.
Yes it is. But Universal health care certainly is NOT. Wellll, it is close to free, for those lower income folks--and all the freeloaders.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

In Quebec we got sales tax,provincial tax,federal tax,water tax,property tax, and parking tickets are $46, parking is 4# an hr. on the street!!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

rider 76 wrote:
In Quebec we got sales tax,provincial tax,federal tax,water tax,property tax, and parking tickets are $46, parking is 4# an hr. on the street!!!!!
Well we live so cheap down here in the South because lots of places don't even have streets.:goofygrin:

If you want to talk injustice, let's get started on homeowner's insurance down here in the "hurricane alley"!

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
imported post

If you want to talk injustice, let's get started on homeowner's insurance down here in the "hurricane alley"!
If you live in an area that historically has several hurricanes whizzing past you every year, shouldn't you pay a lot for homeowner's insurance?

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Rudy wrote:
Yeah, but you get to ride 1/3 of the year for it. We are forced to ride 11-12 months of the year. So maybe that is the difference. :baffled:
Just because you southerners drag out the Carharts and thermal underwear when the mercury hits 65....

I parked mine last year on Nov 28th (the snow finally stuck), and pulled it back out again this year March 1.

As for homeowner's insurance in hurricane alley...That's the insurance company's way of saying "We really wish you'd consider moving" :cheeky1:

Mike

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
imported post

rider 76 wrote:
And your province wants to separate?????????????????:stumped:

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
imported post

I paid $250 last year for plates on the 1800, and $50 for the 1500. $25 of that on both are for personal plates.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

Yeait includs personal injury insurence, but try to collect from the pukes. besides they only give about 60% of what you would make working at minimum wage,($8.50 an hour)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.