Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:)Iam thinking of getting one of those licence plate frames, like the ones cyclemax sell, that fit around your plate,,, the thing is,,, there much smaller than the standard road plates that are fitted,,, the frame plates measures 7x5,1/8 would they be legal???:baffled: cheers pp

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
imported post

pinkpork wrote:
:)Iam thinking of getting one of those licence plate frames, like the ones cyclemax sell, that fit around your plate,,, the thing is,,, there much smaller than the standard road plates that are fitted,,, the frame plates measures 7x5,1/8 would they be legal???:baffled: cheers pp
you guys over on the other side of the atlantic just have way too big of plates:cheeky1:

is that because the cops can't read small print:cheeky1::dude::dude::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
I am the Hobo
9,690 Posts
imported post

RDM, thats right, its so the money generating "Safety" cameras can earn their keep. :cooldevil:

PP It would not be legal. But, if the plate looks like it belongs, you are fine. On the 18, I remove the number plate bracket and get the biggest plate that will fit flat onto the rear panel and silicone it on. It is illegal, but looks like it belongs and its not ridiculously small, it hasn't been questioned yet. Chris is pretty much the same.

If you do this, remove the 5th bolt (in the middle) that secures the rear centre panel BEFORE you silicone the plate to it.

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

:)Cheers,,, paul,,, i lost the 5th bolt when i fit the tow bar:cheeky1:ill be doing as you suggest:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.