Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all its been awhile. I first joined this site a few years ago when I happened upon a 1997 1500SE at a local shop. I was going to look at a car for my son so a quick internet search and the SE was there for a decent price. No luck on the car but when I asked about the 1500 I got this smirk. Come to find out it had caught fire that morning. They asked if I was interested and I looked it over. Not real bad but the complete right side was melted plastic and extinguisher agent. 100 bucks and 3 hours later she was in my garage. That's when I joined this site and got some really useful information. A complete wire harness, replacement plastic and a year later and she was on the road. At the time I was a computer guy and couldn't wait to turn wrenches every night. Then I thought I would take a year off of computer and do something completely different. I applied for a job at the local Harley-Davidson dealer. So here I was 2 masters degrees washing bikes. 2 weeks later I was promoted to a Service Writer, a little less than a year after that I am the Service Manager, all the while riding my 1500 in and getting all kinds of poop for it.

The funny part is that now I have a 78 Goldwing 1000, 82 Goldwing 1100, 83 Goldwing 1100, and my 97 Goldwing 1500, still no Harley, which is driving my sales manager nuts. Each and every one of those from fellow co-workers who knows a guy who wants to sell them and they know I work/ride them. Now don't get me wrong the other three don't run,yet, and they on average cost me 300 bucks a bike but its a great starting point.

I am about to go back into the computer world as I have had enough fun dealing with Harley guys and make some real money again. But I am constantly tickled by upgrades that Harley is doing that was standard on bikes in the 80's.

I will send pics as soon as I get them to a place worth of the awesomeness of this forum but I just wanted to say thanks. I hope to soon be more active than I have been the previous 2 years.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,195 Posts
that is a hoot...
glad you took time off to enjoy yourself for a while......
now go find that dough and feel good counting it in binary :sneaky:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts