Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Felt pretty dumb after borrowing my dads pit bull lift to get my wing in the air and can't do it. If I pull the pipes off will the jack support the frame?

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

What are you planning to do to it in the air?

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Get it up off the floor if I could. Make it a little easier for me to get while I clean it. I'm guessing these things weren't made for bike lifts?

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

I looked at pitbulls site. I couldn't find a rating for it on their site. I don't know why it won't lift it. Why would it not work for you?

I have used the big red like above that I p/u off craigslist for $40. Works fine. I think he bought it at Pep Boys new.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I'm sure it will lift it but I didn't want it lifting on the pipes since they sit lower than the frame. I'm pulling the pipes anyways to find out why there is oil all over at the right side header

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

"That's a horse of a different color, Why didn't you say that in the first place!"

Cut some wood blocks to fit between the pipes that the engine and or frame will sit on & get you lower and miss them pipes.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Lol I dropped the pipes but can't get them off. Going to pb blast that cross pipe joint. Sure am learning a lot today!

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Are you using a repair manual or just 'wingin it'?

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Winging it. Ya I know. Got the pipes out. Got any pics of an 1100 up on a lift with 2x4 spacers?

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Not me.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
imported post

dont feel bad looks like im pulling my motor also if i can get it un stuck from sitting 10 yrs lol

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

After looking this thing over I am amazed. Do they build a frame around these motors or what? How did they get that thing in there!

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

If you read the manual, you would find there is a piece of the frame you unbolt and remove.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

Lol thats halarious! Removed my pipes to get to the frame to lift and have to put the pipes back on to use the lift. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

Okay I guess I should ask. what are you trying to accomplish with the bike. Compleate frame off resto or mod or just service work.

If doing a compleate frame off a bike table would be way to go either store bought or ownner fabed.

wilf

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

Wilf I'm trying to tear down as far as I dare, maintenance everything that i can, and learn to use some diagnstic tools. That was the sole reason of the purchase of this bike, to learn through experience. This site is great help, a table would be great but how does that make it easier? Honest question I've never done this before.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.