Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Heyas,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a Running Light Bar that will fit or adapt easily to an'83 wing? Want to mount running lights with turn signals underneath on either side of the headlight like a cruiser style set-up but can't seem to find anything designed for a Naked Wing. Anyone know of such a thing or have one for sale?

Found a post that mentions the JCWhitney bar for a Shadow 1100...does the year matter?

I'll figure out how to mount a small universal windshield later, one thing at a time I guess.

Thanks,

LarryG

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
imported post

I have been wondering the same thing. The light output on my 82 1100 interstate leaves a lot to be desired. Night driving is a little scary at this point as I have only been riding the wing for about 6 months - several years on a Kawasaki 900. Hopefully pne of the gurus can help us. :)

Mike

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the ideas. Appreciate it. My bike had running lights that mounted to the engine guards. They drew so much power that the volt meter went to about 10 :(. Plus they vibrated like crazy.

Any ideas on bulbs that maximize lighting while not working the electical system so hard?

I'm sure I could get themounting bar secured just want to make sure the lights I add won't max my charging system.

Thanks gurus!!

Mike

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Aye,

same same.Might need to totally remove my saddlebag light bar and any extras lights to run, not sure what my voltage load would be yet as I haven't gotten the lights. but it would be well worth being able to run driving lights to see alot better at night. Thanks for your help. Much appreciate the gurus here.

LarryG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.