Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Greetings from sunny Sweden!

I am the proud owner of a gl1500 Aspencade 96 model & i would like some advice on fitting extra driving lights.

I have a haines manual & a shop manual & i have basic knowledge of bike electrics also a well stoked tool box.

How hard is this to do, are there any things i should be aware of i.e removal of panels.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Ruffymia127

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

:waving::waving: Welcome to the World's Greatest Goldwing Site! Ruffymia127! :waving::waving:

It's always good to see a new member posting! Adding extra driving lights isn't a difficult job. If you do a search on the subject here in the search box on the main page of the site you'll find a lot of information from many members. Most riding lights I've seen have been mounted on either aftermarked or home built brackets and are attached to the fairing skirt under the head light where the a couple of socket head screws that can be used for attachment. Others have modified their turning lights in the lower front fairing into driving lights. That can be done by clipping one wire if I remember, you can find info on that with a search on the forum too. Several aftermarket vendors in the US offer kits to mount riding lights on the 1500 as well as kits to add the lower fairing riding lights on models that don't have them from the factory.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Many thanks Exavid it`s nice to know we all have friends who are willing to help.

Love the bike!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.