Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its slightly lighter because of no reverse.i had taken the trunk, speakers, radio, floorboards, heeltoe shifter, passenger backrest off.68 pounds less.the bike handled so much better for me.i cant figure out how to use the stock signal wires in the back and hook up a couple signals above the license plate.plus with the trunk gone the 2 prongs stick up to push down and pop the saddlebags open.but theres lots of empty space uncovered.and what can i rig to the saddlebag pins to pop them open? I put the trunk and stuff back on but it is way heavy.im trying to kind of make a poorman f6b.

·
Registered
534 Posts
There was an aftermarket smaller trunk I think called a briefcase trunk or maybe pizzabox trunk. It was in one of the longer photo threads about modifications. I think it was TrikeLady that had all the info about it. I'm sure one would be hard to find, but it might give you some inspiration to make something like it. You can always use the saddlebag cables and route them to some kind of lever. Lots of mini levers and cable controls can be found at bicycle shops, shifters, shocks, seat posts, all have cable controls now.

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
My riding buddy Ed took the trunk off his 01 and his 07, He is very talented, he made the chrome plate and all connections for the CB and other wiring in the trunk.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts