Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
exavid wrote:
Not trying to pick a fight with the Wexman either, I thought it was rubbish at first too because I didn't think it through either.
Hey exavid :gunhead: No you cant fight with wexman. :whip: This guy holds a black belt in Karate. :crying:
I had a black belt once, hat to give it up though... damn leather shrinks as it ages.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

We had a very impressive lightning storm here in Ashland, Oregon last night. Biggest, most violent storm I've seen since living here. It lasted all night... not like the stormson the Florida Gulf coast that only lasted a few minutes.

Back in the mid-'80s I was refueling an airplane in Floridawhen lightning struck! The hair on our arms started to raise up and we could'feel' the electricity in the air. All of us ran for cover andwhen we were about 50 feet from the plane there was a big bang and flash.

The airplane was grounded with a steel wire to a grounding point in the ramp, there was another grounding wire from the fuel truck to the airplane, and another from the truck to the ramp. The one from the airplane to ground took the hit and instantly broke into about 3 pieces and literally jumped out of its insulation with a big puff of smoke. It was kinda funny seeing coils of bare wire next to coils of empty insulation. Wasn't much left of the copper lug cememted into the concrete ramp either. The two other ground wires showed no damage at all, and when we went back to the airplane, the fuel truck was still pumping fuel into it.

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

Axelwik, that was way too close for comfort. Thank goodness the truck and aircraft didn't "cook off". I've seen lightning strike within a hundred feet of me and it made me have lumply pudding in me shorts:D.

Lightning is truly fascinating to watch as long it's not tapping on the top of your head.:goofygrin:

Hobie

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Redwing. wrote:
Hey exavid :gunhead: No you cant fight with wexman. :whip: This guy holds a black belt in Karate. :crying:
I had a black belt once, hat to give it up though... damn leather shrinks as it ages.
Im afraid we all have that type of belt. :jumper:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Registered
177 Posts
imported post

I am allergic to electricity, I will not be on the phone/ take a bath or showerduring an electrical storm. I was once canoeing downa river and a lightening storm caught up to me and I was off the river as fast asI could go and hunkered down in the trees andwaited it out. Beautiful to watch, but do not want to feel it.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

jj wrote:
I am allergic to electricity, I will not be on the phone/ take a bath or showerduring an electrical storm. I was once canoeing downa river and a lightening storm caught up to me and I was off the river as fast asI could go and hunkered down in the trees andwaited it out. Beautiful to watch, but do not want to feel it.
If you're allergic to electricity you must be sneezing your head off reading this!

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Well if anybody wants to pick a fight with me then go ahead ,,I will just send REDWING on his honda 50 around to your house with shep his guide dog ,,shep has no teeth ,but he could give you a nasty suck on the leg :D:D:D...So be careful....Ciaran

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
Well if anybody wants to pick a fight with me then go ahead ,,I will just send REDWING on his honda 50 around to your house with shep his guide dog ,,shep has no teeth ,but he could give you a nasty suck on the leg :D:D:D...So be careful....Ciaran
Wondered where those hickies were coming from.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Here we go again :stumped: What the hell does that stand for. :baffled:

:whip::18red::whip:

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
exavid wrote:

:whip::18red::whip:
I would assume his comment is in regards to "sucker bites" from a toothless (Shep) dog...:goofygrin:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Harrystoy wrote:
Redwing. wrote:
exavid wrote:
I would assume his comment is in regards to "sucker bites" from a toothless (Shep) dog...:goofygrin:
REDWING obviously you lead a sheltered life on your rocky tor. Hickies are suction marks often found on teenagers necks. Caused by applying oral suction. Are believed to be coup marks which raise the esteem of the Hickied in the eyes of their peers. Apparently in some manner increases the reputation of the Hicki-er as a 'stud' or one of heightened sexual prowess. Usually the claimed prowess is a fantasy caused by excessive hormones. Any further questions?:baffled:

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
REDWING obviously you lead a sheltered life on your rocky tor. Hickies are suction marks often found on teenagers necks. Caused by applying oral suction. Are believed to be coup marks which raise the esteem of the Hickied in the eyes of their peers. Apparently in some manner increases the reputation of the Hicki-er as a 'stud' or one of heightened sexual prowess. Usually the claimed prowess is a fantasy caused by excessive hormones. Any further questions?:baffled:
Now that is a greatexplanation. LOL Ha ha:grinner::goofygrin:

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

Paul, I'm sure that Redwing knows of what you speak, but, simply uses different terminology to describe the process. After all, there must be hundreds of ladies clamoring at his feetbecause he drives a red Honda 50.

Vic

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hey redwing ...a hickey is a lovebite ...and a lovebite is a hickey ...now I hope that has cleared that up..:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:..Ciaran

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Hey exavid :crying:How the hell does an old man like you know all this stuff. :whip:

And further more what has all this stuff got to do with Goldwings. :crying:

:walker::18red::walker:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
Hey redwing ...a hickey is a lovebite ...and a lovebite is a hickey
Hey wexman :stumped: What the hell is a lovebite. :stumped: Is a hickey the same as the hiccup. :stumped:

:crying::18red::crying:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
wexman wrote:
Hey redwing ...a hickey is a lovebite ...and a lovebite is a hickey
Hey wexman :stumped: What the hell is a lovebite. :stumped: Is a hickey the same as the hiccup. :stumped:
A love bite comes from an amorous vampire! C'mon REDWING you're not THAT OLD!

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
A love bite comes from an amorous vampire! C'mon REDWING you're not THAT OLD!
Hey exavid :waving:Thank god we dont have any vampires :whip: out here on the Islands.:clapper: Im only 80 in August and i only feel 65/70 :weightlifter:

:walker::18red::walker:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Goldwinger1984 wrote:
Redwing, I admire your stamina. Most eighty year olds couldn't hold a candle to your posting frequency and your ability to ride a Honda 50.

Keep it up for as long as you can my octagenarian friend.
Hey Goldwinger1984 :waving:It seems to run in the family. :clapper:I have four older brothers and they all seem to think they are younger than me. :leprechaun:They are married of course so that might make them think younger. :crying:I have ran 36 marathon's (26 miles 385yds) :weightlifter:best time was 2hrs.53mins and a huge number of Half Marathon's and shorter road/track races. :jumper:My other hobbies were swimming, karate, and cycling. :skipping:But one day it will all catch up with me. :crying:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

21 - 40 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.