Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
imported post

HI, Redwing, you have made my day i thought iwould have to give up riding my 1200 Goldwing Trike this year as iwill be 78 next April 2006 but after reading your excellent piece in this forum i now feel i can go on a bit longer,dispite the arthiritis,i don't do the mileage now but do 300 to 400 miles a week depending on the weather,once again thanks for the insperation.bikerfred:D

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

bikerfred wrote:
HI, Redwing, you have made my day i thought iwould have to give up riding my 1200 Goldwing Trike this year as iwill be 78 next April 2006 but after reading your excellent piece in this forum i now feel i can go on a bit longer,dispite the arthiritis,i don't do the mileage now but do 300 to 400 miles a week depending on the weather,once again thanks for the insperation.bikerfred:D
Hey bikerfred :waving:Never say die untill he comes looking for you. :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey JeffCreekmore :jumper: Welcome to the best Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper:
:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

bikerfred wrote:

My brother's neighbour is 83 and still rides his 1500 with landing gear. In another 44 years I will be delighted if I can still climb on anything with 2 wheels.

Well done:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

Andrew

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
imported post

hi all,its always sad when a fellow biker is killed when its not there own fault,but this is horrendous ,i live in the uk we dont get the type of storms you get in the land of the free,does any one have any more storeys like this,:shock:;),bri.uk.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Bri,

we don't know how lucky we are, we don't have to deal withmuch natural phenomenon over here, just the mad fools on the road, who are too blind to see us.

Worst I've ever experienced was a 200 mile ride to Bristol back in the late 70s, 80mph wind, torential rain and watching my mate in front on his wing fighting to keep upright. Mind you, I can also remember a pea soup fog, or two, where visibility was not much further than the handlebars.

Pete

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
imported post

hi all,talking of bristol pete,i recently flew down to bristol from newcastle airport on an easyjet flight,i was going to purchase the car i have now as it is a rare model to aquire i had sold the same model earlier that year(2004)and wanted a newwer reg car,any way on the way back on the m25 i saw 4 different accidents,i nearly ended up in one of them myself,the cars infront stopped suddenly i took my eyes off the road for 2 seconds to talk to my passenger looked forward next thing a car is in my path:shock:,no way would i stop in time so i did what my instructor told me many years ago(20 yrs) if your in a skid your out of control the "abs" was working for sure so i took the outside right lane as my escape,the rest is history im talking to you all today?what im saying is dont take any road situation for granted expect the un expected and you cannot go wrong,(hopefully:goofygrin:)bri,sunderland,uk.;)

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Andrewl wrote:
HI, Redwing, My brother's neighbour is 83 and still rides his 1500 with landing gear.
Hey Andrew1 :waving: If i live to the 8th Aug '05 :weightlifter:i will have reached the grand young age of 80 and i use my neighbours :18red:very often and without landing gear. :clapper:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Andrewl wrote:
HI, Redwing, My brother's neighbour is 83 and still rides his 1500 with landing gear.
Hey Andrew1 :waving: If i live to the 8th Aug '05 :weightlifter:i will have reached the grand young age of 80 and i use my neighbours :18red:very often and without landing gear. :clapper:
Yes you are, you're just using organic landing gear!:cool:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
I dont think a young fellow of 62yrs young :leprechaun:like yourself would know anything about organic landing gear. :grinner:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
exavid wrote:
I dont think a young fellow of 62yrs young :leprechaun:like yourself would know anything about organic landing gear. :grinner:
Hard youth, 62 ain't all that young!

Legs=organic landing gear

Glad you still have the organic kind working!

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Ah, the old M25!! We live almost on top of it, but I avoid it like the plague. It's hairy enough in a car, let alone on a bike. Glad to hear you scraped through the drama of your journey on it.
pete

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Goldwinger1984 wrote:
Keep on running Redwing and don't let nobody catch you.
Hey Goldwinger1984 :walker:I guess im just out of breath. :walker:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

41 - 60 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.