Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just had belts, water pump changed and now neutral light and OD light don't work very well OD doesn't come on at all and neutral light sometimes comes on in second gear, and some times not at all. Any ideas Please I need help. 84 Interstate, these lights were perfect before it was taken apart.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

The switch didn't get timed, behind the front cover. Hope it's not busted.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

Bob is right, you didn't set the switch up right. You will have to pull the cover again and make sure the rotating part sits into the slot properly, otherwise you get neytral in the wron gear etc. just like you have discovered.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

When You say HAD, is this to mean it was done by a mechanic whom you paid. If so take it back and tell him/her to do the job properly. If it was yourself..ahh well chalk it up to experience, you won't do that again:gunhead:

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks it is going back to the shop, $800. is a lot to pay for some thing not done right.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
imported post

chief43 wrote:
Thanks it is going back to the shop, $800. is a lot to pay for some thing not done right.
I tell you some of these shop mechanics are so brain dead I dread taking any of my vehicle's in to a shop I can screw it up my self just as well but thats where a good manual comes in but just my 2 cents

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

chief43 wrote:
Hey chief43 :waving: You are so right. :clapper: Bring it back and throw the book at them. :whip:

:walker::18red::walker:

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

$800 for belts and a water pump, the belts were bronzed and the water pump gold plated and the mechanic spent a quick weekend in Niagara Falls :shock:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.