imported post

any one know where to get new bulbs for backlit switches on my 99 1500

any info will help my local dealership had no clue.thanks

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
imported post

Well anyhow, WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

I'm going to have to use your three wisest words.

I Don't know.

I ran the Honda Goldwing 1500 Electronic Service Manual program with no luck.

I poked through the CDMOTO pdf files on your 99 SE and found all kinds of info.

But no info for any bulbs in your controls.

I see you are in Washington State so your riding is probably done for the season too.

So take your Control Switch apart and pull the bulb and see if there is any markings on the bulb.

Otherwise you are stuck like the rest of us older wing riders.

After awhile your fingers know where everything is, Even with gloves on.

But you still find yourself Racooning down the road, Fingers touching everything to find that switch you know is right about...... Ahhhhh There...

Good Luck Bud

Mohawk

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
imported post

i got my 1500 back in august but never realized that the controls light up. guess i should put the clear shield on the helmet at night and take the dark smoke one off

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
imported post

detdrbuzzard wrote:
i got my 1500 back in august but never realized that the controls light up. guess i should put the clear shield on the helmet at night and take the dark smoke one off
The handlebar controls are not lit up unless you have aftermarket labels added. At least, I know the '88 and the '97 are not backlit. They must have changed it after '97. There is a company that sells a kit of illuminated labels that can be placed over the stock ones.

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

all the se"s should be back lit the only place over here to get the bulbs is honda itself there one of thoes specials

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
imported post

Go to bikebandit.com, and they show two T3 bulbs # 149562-001 and # 155069-001 for your bike. :waving:

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

I have seen some pretty small 12vDC "rice kernel" bulbs, at model train places. I replaced some backlites to an old radio panel with some, worked great.Just put em where I wanted them and epoxied em in place.They don't get hot enough to hurt the epoxy. Just an idea. jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

hey your right thanks, let that be a lesson for the rest of you as well. lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.