Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just got back from riding 2-up on the freeway avg. 75mph. The bike got 47mpg!!!! Whoohoo! Also, all plugs are normal. Whew. My hard work today pulling carbs and re/re the float + needle/valve was worth it. This thing runs like new. Now we're ready for our 1000km trip in two weeks through BC.

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks, guys. What a relief. It's almost strange to just ride and enjoy now!? Gonna wash 'er down today. :cheeky1:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Mag,you've sure earned the satisfaction of a job well done. That's one pleasure that the folks who don't work on their machines miss out on. It also builds one's confidence that you can handle more of theproblems that come along. To me it sure beats having things on my bike that are a mystery and depending on someone else to set it right. (damn I'm picking up some of that Irish and English idiom)

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks, Paul. I agree wholeheartedly. When one's life depends on a machine, its crucial to know how it works. I like being self-sufficient, same as with my health. I avoid doctors as much as possible, apart from checkups. Dentists are another matter. That one cost me. Not only have i saved tons of cash on the bike, but the connection/satisfaction deepens as you say.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.