Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

81 Honda CB650

His 79 gl1000 is still for sale if anyone wants/needs it!!!

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

Ahh, a bobber. I have, and still am considering building a bobber out of my '04 Rebel 250, just as a project. It would be a cool little bike to run around town on, kind of like a mini chopper, only completely street legal, and with Honda quality. The problem is it has tube type tires, and no centerstand, and I always carry all the stuff to fix flats, including a jack and a compressor, along with wrenches, tire irons, and extra tubes. Don't know how I would carry all that on a bobber. A tank bag and backpack maybe, but a tank bag would ruin the look.

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
imported post

Sweet! how loud is that straight pipe :) He should have some fun with that.

·
Valkyrie Scum
2,777 Posts
imported post

Too cool. Ride it down to ES Digger! :ROFL:

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

hope you got alot of replacement rear tires for that lol

looks good

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

I can't tell by looking at the picture, but have the rear shocks been replaced with struts? I know of 2 people who wound up with broken swingarms using rigid struts. They were just not strong enough to take the pounding without suspension, and buckled right by the lower shock mounts.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

Look at that smile! That's a happy kid!

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

happy?

if he could smile any wider you'd think he's in love

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

Lil D does look very happy & that is such a nice bike but I sure hope that is not his riding gear? He already had one rather large bandaid on is leg.:D:D:D:applause::action::action::action::action::action::action:

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

Hey digger. That Van looks rather familiar.:D

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

That is one tough bike! I had one and restored it in the 80's. Scarey quick once she's rollin'. Those headers look like the Hookers I had, 'cept mine were flat black. It's a reliable,fixable bike. Valve and cam chain adjustments were the only thing that needed regular attention. Of course, you'll be stretcking the drivew chain, if you like to get on it once and awhile!!!! Enjoy! Nice find jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
imported post

Love those older CB's. Them pipes look to be a bit louder than stock, but then again I haven't been 16 for a long time... :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
imported post

Looks and sounds pretty nice, not what I had imagined at all. Good job... :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
imported post

:applause::waving:
That is one sweet looking bike!!! LOL and by his grin, you can tell he thinks the same thing!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.