Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

does anyone know if decals are available for older bikes? when i got my bike it came with three helmets that matched the bike, there is a gl1200 honda eagle on front and limited edition goldwing sticker on the sides. i was considering having new helmets pained as these are as old as the bike and i was told hemets are only good for about 5 years.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
imported post

Having your lids painted will make them look good,

BUT,

They are still very old helmets.

Still great and better protection than nothing.

But I would bet that the Foam is semi compressed and starting to crystallize.

Also take a look at the liner, It has to be beat considering the age and amount of usage.

DO yourself a big favor, Test fit some new lids at any dealer in your area.

You will be surprised at how light some are and you can go to the extreme lightness and grab a Carbon Fiber Lid.

The comfort is better too and you can get some with Vents now. There have been tons of improvements in the over 20 years since your lids were made.

I too have a few old ones hanging in the shed that I can't bear to part with.

You can deal with the any of the dealers if you use cash.

I have yet to pay over $100 cash for any helmet.

But then again, I am one that would ride without a lid if I can get away with it.

Good Luck pal.

Mohawk

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
imported post

Look around on flea-bay for the stickers. I bought some with the Goldwing Eagle and says GL1500 under it. I can't remember who I bought it from but they were not that expensive and it adds a little personalization to my helmet.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Mohawk, i have new helmets the old ones are already painted, it's the news ones i want to paint.still looking for someone who paints helmets.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
imported post

saltmar...I believe there was a place in San Jose that made them upon request. They were a little expensive, but they did have all of the artwork. Let me see if I can find the info. It's been a long, long time. And good for you getting new helmets. I snuck by with a 25 year old helmet for a couple months last year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.