Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just got my 1100 and hae been looking at taking off the lite bar, but there does not seem to be anywhere to mount the taillight and license plate. Will I have to get separate bracket?

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Here ya go

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

Hey, I'll swap ya the taillight assembly and and license plate bracket for the lite bar set up.

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

could someone post a pic of what the back looks like without the lite bar and just the light and bracket?

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Here's some pic's of my rear end...... No pinching though.....;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Another:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Another

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

and lastly:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
imported post

I REALLY like it with the light bar myself. Just sayin... :)

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

I like the light bar as well, but I like it when it's added with more lights. It's strange how Honda made the LTD with different looks. The saddle bags on mine are different than the original posters, and I have looked every where and can not find the trunk rails on my side bags, these are the only set that I have seen like these so far. It's almost like Honda took all remaining trim that had been laying around for years and threw it on the LTD model..

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
imported post

why are wanting to remove the light bar remember being seen is the key to not getting smashed into from the rear

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

I like the light bar.. very "classic" for that era bike..

If you want to get rid of the whole thing (racks and bars), they will go fast.. I'd be interested too...

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

I like the clean look. I will probably remove the front fender trim also. Still not decided.

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

pics of gl1200 not going to help tail light bolts to the rear fender

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

notodd wrote:
pics of gl1200 not going to help tail light bolts to the rear fender
and yes its seperate assm.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
imported post

And for you 1200 riders, the light bar won't fit.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

yeah i thought about removing my light bar its just like your ohara but its kinda grown on me its nice to have the much needed visibility otherwise you got the rear wheel showing like that and i kinda like it covered up yeah it makes it a pain to work on at times but i feel its worth it

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
imported post

Kevin.. the license plate bracket should be right under your tail-light.. its hard to tell in your pic exactly what set-up you have.. but it somewhat looks like the original license plate bracket is shrouded behind something.. I'll take a pic of mine... I have the lower-light bar.. which has nothing to do with the license plate.. and like notodds pic.. mine is similar.. only I have the full rear fender.. I'm thinking identical to your Aspencade.. I'll snap a pic and get back with it.. I might be totally off here too.. but.. we'll see.
You know that lower light-bar also serves as a bumper too.. I've only had mine struck once by some dumb-ass kid on a bicycle that was doing a dumb-ass move and smacked my light-bar..fortunately he was not hurt..and once I found out he wasn't, I ran him home with a few choice words for his mommy...she tried to blame me..saying I got in his way..I said we'll see you in court.. he rear-ended my as I was parking in front of my house..plain and simple with witness's..and damage to my bike.. the one crinkle in my light-bar.. haha.. I laugh now.. but when I think light-bars..it brings memories of kids on bicycles... grr... Glad it was the light-bar and not the saddle bag..or moreso that the kid wasn't hurt any more then his pride.. haha..I'll get that pic..sorry for the rant.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
imported post

Kevin: My 83 Aspy has the same tail/brake light and licence plate setup as your bike, without all of the light bar add-ons. I think that everything can be unbolted from the centre chrome fender cover. It's a little late at night for picture taking. I'll add one tomorrow if that helps.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.