Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

i change my own oil, i go to the dealer and get oil, oil filter and oil plug washer. i took a little trip up to a friend'scabin by duluth mn he rides a wing too. so we had to go to the dealer for his oil change items,the washer he brought was 32 cents, my dealer charges $1.29 for one washer.i know you have to make profit but that's little to much.so yes i did stock up on washers for 32 cents apiece.

JUST HAD TO VENT

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Try fork oil at 17.99 here by home, and I can get it off the internet for 4.99. Go figure.

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
imported post

I know there's a lot of complaining about pricing, but it costs bunch to have a dealership and keep things in stock. It's flat out amazing how profits get eaten up by overhead. You feel like you are being gauged and I do too, but the bottom line they are looking at might not show the same story.
I do think paying four times the price for oil is a bit much. My dealer here seems to be a bit more competitive, although higher than internet pricing. I'd rather have him here though and try to give him my business. He has stuff in stock and stuff to look at and touchy feel on the new bikes. I'd hate having to buy just from pictures.
I've been in retail a lot of years, part of it in ownership. I don't know if I'd open another local shop. I'd keep my overhead down with some back cheap warehouse and sell over the internet. the internet has drastically changed things. Why bother with high cost of running a walk in business?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.