1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Administrator
25,028 Posts
I bet it still made a mess in the perp's underwear. :LOL: these new smileys suck.

·
Administrator
25,028 Posts
yeah,
you have to scroll down a long ways to find a decent smiley, and they look like they were imported from Facebook
They are pretty much the same you find anywhere, even on your phone. We HAD the exceptional work of Dillon Saunders before.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anyone who needs to keep the safety disengaged on a gun not in the hand needs more practice. Clearing the safety on just about any modern firearm is easily incorporated into the present-aim-trigger-fire sequence. As they say at Gunsite: "When you are not practicing, someone else is, and when you meet him, you will LOSE."

·
Premium Member
3,515 Posts
My Sigs and revolvers have no safeties. 31+ years LEO, never a safety on a sidearm I carried. My one Ruger 9mm does however have one, but it stays off … I check it when I put it in my pocket (bought post retirement just to carry in a pocket). My really old Colt Woodsman has one too, but it's not loaded, it's in a safe place.

·
Registered
14 Posts
But you probably didn't keep those wheelguns with the hammer back -- the DA trigger pull is enough of a safety. I've heard of a bunch of NDs on Glocks (no safety) (no, that silly little tab on the trigger is NOT a safety) and other semi-autos handled without safety on. Conversely, the Aussie SAS, when they were carrying Browning P35s, never used the (atrocious) factor safety -- they charged then and stuffed them into the holster. A weapon in competent hand or in holster is safe with safety off. A weapon set down somewhere with round up the spout and safety off is an ND on the hoof.

·
Premium Member
3,515 Posts
My Sigs are DA/SA with dec0ck lever , DAK (was my last service carry), or pin fired like my P320 XCompact. All but one revolver is DA or SA, but who leaves a DA revolver "c0cked"? I have an old Ruger SA .22. My 2.25" SP101 .357 doesn't even have a hammer spur, it is DAK, it will not let you go SA even if desired.

Never felt a " want" for a Glock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts