Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 2006 goldwing trike with champion kit. I am thinking of carrying it in truck bed to tow a travel trailer behind truck. Has anyone ever seen a rampage motorcycle loader with trike kit used to load a goldwing trike. Would like to hear first hand experience since they cost about 3800 total. They show a video loading a harley at their site but it is smaller than a wing. Would appreciate any info. Thanks

P.S. We currently have a large toyhauler (Raptor) we carry it in but would like to go back to a nice travel trailer.

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

I think it would be easier and cheaper to get a travel trailer for the Wing to tow.:shock: I would think that the triked wings would be too wide and long and heavy for most pickups.:shock:

Gene:action:

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
imported post

I saw one modified for a Victory trick at a rally in New Mexico last year. it was pretty amazing to see it loaded and unloaded.

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
imported post

I haven't any info on the EZLoader, I only know ramps, ropes, tackle, come-a-longs, winches, chains, etc.

I know a Champion is maybe 3 inches wider than my '97 GL1500 / Leman trike. I have determined that my trike will fit in the bed of my 1977 F-150 8 foot pickup but I'ld have to leave the tailgate down. The rear wheels would rest behind the truck's wheel well humps near the end of the bed, but still safely in the bed and not on the tail gate. The front wheel would rest against the front wall of my PU, a front wall that's already double walled with 11 ga steel and which has a 1-1/2 x 1-1/2 x 3/16 steel angle reinforcing the top lip.

My Lehman is right about 52" wide rear tire outside to outside, 54-55" wide at widest point across rear fenders. I forget how wide my taigate opening is, I think near 65-67 inches as best as I recall. It would fit fine in that.

A Champion would also fit in my '77I believe, I don't think the wheel base is any longer .... like a Hannigan for example.

My Lehman trikewill even "just fit"in my '07 FX4 6.5 foot Flareside .... but the rub is while the front will go in, at 6.5 feet the rear wheels would rest on the far end of the tailgate and the trike's rear fenders would be very very close to the edges of the bed itself which is just about 55" wide itself.

It'ld be a "stuffed" fit at best and a costly one at that I'm aftraid. :sadguy:

Pull your trike up to a wall, measure from that wall back to front corners of rear fenders, rear wheel centers, and while there .... rear bumper. Meassure width at all three placesas well.

Then measure your pick up's bed from the front wall. Measure to rear of wheel humps because the wide part of trike will go back there. Measure widths too.

Compare, I think you'll find it a tail gate down proposition. If the truck is a 3/4 or 1 ton, it should handle both.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks for the replies, My trike will fit inside my 2004 f350 longbed. Rear of trike hangs off 8 inches but wheels of trike completely in bed of trk. So it would fit on rampage loader. Was hoping to find someone who had this setup. Ihave seen them used loading a big bike but a trike is different case. Its a lot to invest without knowing how well it works. Thanks everyone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.