Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Seeing the regularly changing logo at the top made me think (an unusual exercise these days)

What about the idea of featuring members rides in that same spot? Not necessarily all the time, one could have member ride days or something like that. If it is now easy for Wingnut to change then it may be feasible.

I have no idea how one would go about organizing something like this, but I am sure the members will have plenty of ideas.

Wingnut, if this means an unconscionable amount of work, then just shoot me down without mercy and we can forget it.

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Probably better to utilize the Photo Gallery for that John, there must be an option there for displaying "photo of the day" or similar.

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

That is certainly a possibility as well. If nobody responds then we'll know it probably wasn't a good idea.

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
imported post

Everything is possible, but in this instance the possibility would make a lot of work for the admin's I am afraid.

There are currently 18 Banners rotating, and each new one has to be manualy added to the Javascript Array that is driving the rotation. In each theme.

If I can work out a better way so to do I will but please do not hold your breathe on this one.

Sorry!

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

English Bob wrote:
Wingnut, if this means an unconscionable amount of work, then just shoot me down without mercy and we can forget it.
[align=center]
Ok your Shot:bash:Down English Bob :cool:[/align]

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Poor old Engish Bob, taken down in his prime. :(

For what it is worth I thought it was a great idea to see pictures from the gallery rotating, but I understandthe technical difficulties. ( well actually I don't understand them, but I guess it would take a lot of admin effort!!:cool:)

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I didn't know whether they had to be manually loaded, or could be drawn from a database.

OK bad idea...........next?

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Aw-Dang,,,,,,,,,,,, I liked your idea too Bob. I had my fingures crossed as I scrolled down to the next couple of post.

But I can also understand that it must be rather complicated to do. I'm having a hard enough time just loading a vid on youtube,,,,,,, let alone keep a GREAT forum running tip-top.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

English Bob wrote:
OK bad idea...........next?
[align=center]
Ok next Idea................................................by English Bob :cool:[/align]

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
imported post

Well I reversed your Idea somewhat, now the gallery has the same rotating banners as the main area...

Mentioning Gallery got us to thinking, please don't mention anything else :D

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

my house ,I want a rotating gallery in my house ,Is that anything like a rotating cloths line ??

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
imported post

wexy wrote:
my house ,I want a rotating gallery in my house ,Is that anything like a rotating cloths line ??
its like a rotating gallery evrytime you leave the curtains open, On a clear day I can see Ireland from hre.....

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

tanygaer wrote:
, On a clear day I can see Ireland from hre.....
hardly worth the effort is it Tanygaer, for half an hour probably two days a year at best!!!:D

And stop all that thinking stuf, you will make yourself ill man!!!!!!:cool:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Sometimes I get a sixth sense with threads, that they are going to go downhill rapidly...... just saying!!!:leprechaun:

My appologies EBif I have in anyway contributed unto the demise of this subject!!:sozzled:

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Sometimes I get a sixth sense with threads, that they are going to go downhill rapidly...... just saying!!!:leprechaun:

My appologies EBif I have in anyway contributed unto the demise of this subject!!:sozzled:
I wouldn't dream of blaming you Mr Silverfox, we all know where blame goes.

First you dish it out to the Moderators, then if there is any left over the Admins get a share, kind of like MANA. Any left after that and old Redwing sucks it up.

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

And now for the next idea.

Instead of members rides, how about members themselves, a sort of rogues gallery "Villain of the Week".

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Persons in strange clothing need not apply!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.