Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
imported post

More items for your list: eye drops, hydration pack

I started using the drops on my long trips at each rest/fuel stop and that has really helped reduce eye strain and fatigue.

I wore glasses/contacts for over 35 years (until I had lasik surgery), and the drops really have helped.

Having the hydration pack - for me - was better than a cup holder since you can fill with more water. Either wear the pack, or put it in a bag on passenger seat (if not riding two-up).

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
imported post

If you are coming from Canada, make sure your insurance covers you in the USA before you leave. Also, look into your medical coverage covering you from Canada, stuff happens:badgrin: on the road.

I would suggest getting a GPS and a hard copy map.

Plastic (let your CC company know you approximate route and time you will be away from home, they will have security measures and you want to work with them to minimize inconvience) and Cash (small amount). A good cell phone with coverage. Check with your carrier about coverage and charges.

Enjoy your ride, take lots of pictures.:cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
imported post

For a 900 mile one way trip, I would simply have my standard riding stuff, along with a plug kit for tires and a mini-compressor. AND, a VISA/MC!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Yep, me too! For a short ride like that I'd take the normal stuff. Add a few sets of skivvies, the Frogg Toggs and waterproof gloves, along with the credit card and cell phone. After all it's only a day and a half ride and it's not in the wilderness. I never allow myself to worry about the bike making it, if it's maintenance is caught up and the machine is running well it shouldn't have any problem to continue doing just that. If you just changed your oil don't you think it will run okay to the next change? With a 1500 you don't even need a small compressor since there's one on your bike anyway. Just take an accessory hose along. I'd be more concerned about the trailer, it's tires and wheel bearings. Seems a shame to tow a trailer, cramps the bike's style in the twisities.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

agnogel wrote:
It has a generic list maker that let's you make your own checklists and save them as HTML pages...

Now that's a cool little doo-dah!

THIS IS THE COOLEST THING EVER! HA HA!

(Are my OCD's showing?:ShakeHead: )

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
"Seems a shame to tow a trailer, cramps the bike's style in the twisities. "
But you can bring so much stuff, and camp in comfort & style! Works for me. I poo poohed it until going on a trip with a friend towing a trailer. We switched bikes - I found the trailer didn't affect handling near as much as I thought it would.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

True ... but he's already stated the he's not camping, so unless he's delivering/picking something up that won't fit on the bike, I can't see why he's tugging one. :stumped:

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
happer,

check into getting Good Sam RV insurance. I looked into AAA also and GS RV beats them hands down.

Consider this, they don't have a mileage limit for a tow whereas AAA does.

Also, GS covers all of your vehicles for travel emergencies.

And, GS will cover a blown engine in your RV. AAA won't do that.

I went with, and am still with GS. They saved my coins when I was moving from Arizona to Oklahoma. The only questions they asked was "who am I?" and "where are you?"

When the repair service left, he said "Have a nice day" and that was all. All I had to do was sign an invoice saying "job done".

http://www.goodsamrvinsurance.com/
I didn't see M/C coverage on the site, Does GS cover M/Cs or just M/C trailer in tow?

I just got off the phone with them, they do cover M/Cs. Looks like I will get a years coverage for what I'm paying for 6 months with GEICO. Have to look at my policy in the morning.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.