·
Premium Member
59,035 Posts
West bound CA Hwy 108 Snow melt stream

Attachments

·
Premium Member
59,035 Posts
If you have been following this trip from post 808, you've gone from CA San Joaquin Valley East across the California Sierra Nevada Mountains to the Nevada broader and back again going West.. You've gone over 3 high mountain passes to almost 10K feet and traveled 347 miles of twists and turns in one day..........
Back to the flatland and traffic..............Welcome to California riding.........

Attachments

·
Premium Member
59,035 Posts
I'm glad you enjoyed it.. There are 4 other passes plus many other rides here in CA.. I do that ride 4 to 5 times a year plus the other way around........

·
Registered
1998 GL1500 SE
896 Posts
"long lonely stretches of highway-let's see em" -- 396FISH, you, are right in the middle of absolutely nowhere!!!

·
Registered
1998 GL1500 SE
896 Posts
not really a lonely stretch of road but it's a nice one

Attachments

·
Registered
703 Posts
Wow, 540Km (335 Mi) without fuel, a little out-of-range for a Goldwing!

·
Premium Member
59,035 Posts
And I thought crossing Nevada bad, I think I'll pass on Australia..........

·
Administrator
58,755 Posts
no pictures today,
yesterday was a long protracted road, what with a tire coming apart on the Suburban while trying to get back home pulling our Toy Hauler behind us.

the shaking got so bad, we quit looking at the scenery, the mirrors were so distorted we couldn't use them. down to 15 mph for the last 20 miles to get to the closest tire store around, a Walmart..

·
Premium Member
59,035 Posts
That's the pits John, I hope all came out well

·
Administrator
58,755 Posts
That's the pits John, I hope all came out well
We made it to the Walmart superstore and bought 3 new tires to replace the rear tires plus the spare underneath the truck..... that spare had to be 20 years old?? did not trust it at all.

with a new All Season tread now, it is super smooth compared to the Farm Truck muddy season tread we used to have.

861 - 880 of 964 Posts