Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

901 - 920 of 961 Posts

·
Administrator
22,061 Posts
No one traveling anymore ???????

I traveled over to the Safeway, then to the Taco Bell, and then back home.

A total of over 4½ miles, and all in one day! There was even a stretch of 2¼ miles where I didn't even dismount the bike. That's right, straight through, over TWO miles. >:)

·
Administrator
58,426 Posts
Dennis,
that just about sums it up for me, 1.1 mile to the grocery store, and that is furtherest store we have....

oops! we have a car parts store out another 0.75 miles

·
Premium Member
3,508 Posts
Interstate 64 east & west. It was a rough job that needed to be done. I miss it.
Last pic was in snowy weather after pacing a MC on I-81 @ 80+ as he caught slower traffic, which slowed him. I'm sure he felt lonely.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Long boring desolate ride from Twin Falls, Idaho to Las Vegas, NV on I-93 going down the Great Basin. No pictures because nothing worth taking a picture of..... Jim

·
Premium Member
3,508 Posts
Long boring desolate ride from Twin Falls, Idaho to Las Vegas, NV on I-93 going down the Great Basin. No pictures because nothing worth taking a picture of..... Jim
Sometimes, nothings make a great photo.

Sometimes nothing is left open.

We do have trees though.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
57,678 Posts
I can't imagine how tough those Pony Express riders had to be............

·
Premium Member
57,678 Posts

Know the feeling, I try to bypass Nevada when I can

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,508 Posts
Know the feeling, I try to bypass Nevada when I can
And I thought it was Kansas that was so … how to say it … "boring"?
I enjoy Nevada, stopping at the old ruins of the PE stations, imagining lonesome nights out there 150+ years ago, dark skies, stars, angry Indians wanting a good horse, just a rider and his horse … & Mochila.
I did a bit of study on the short lived Pony Express, "Orphans Preferred". I even have a whole set of DVDs ... "State Trooper" with Rod Cameron, filmed in the '50s in … Nevada. "Vanishing Point" was also mostly filmed in the area. Enjoyed sitting down in Eureka for a burger in a resturaunt that had been open for over 100 years, hearing the floor creaking, imagining life there "way back". I should a took more pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
633 Posts
Second photo wasn't lonely, there's a car headed toward you... :ROFL: :ROFL:

·
Premium Member
3,508 Posts
Second photo wasn't lonely, there's a car headed toward you... :ROFL: :ROFL:
Oh yeah, I see it now.

Was out there one night, seen car lights way off in the distance meeting me, after 10 minutes it was still "out there", I began to wonder if it was backing up. Finally it passed.

901 - 920 of 961 Posts