Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

101 - 120 of 947 Posts

·
Premium Member
55,615 Posts
imported post

Dusty Boots

I was about 80 miles out of Hanksville and about 100 miles North of Mexican Hat on 95.. Cooking along at 80mph, first sign 45 ahead kicked it out of cruise.. Next BIG sign 10mph gravel single lane next 5 miles and that sign was at the first turn.. A real butt pucked..

Attachments

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
imported post

Foodman wrote:
Dusty Boots

I was about 80 miles out of Hanksville and about 100 miles North of Mexican Hat on 95.. Cooking along at 80mph, first sign 45 ahead kicked it out of cruise.. Next BIG sign 10mph gravel single lane next 5 miles and that sign was at the first turn.. A real butt pucked..

If I'm not mistaken, that would be SR 261, as you are heading from SR 95 to Mexican Hat. That section where you drop down off of the Plateau, to the valley below is called the Moki Dugway and The Valley of The Gods Road can be seen, running off to the east(left) of your 1st photo.

I was torn as to whether or not to take that road, but by the time Winger77 and I got out from seeing Natural Bridges National Monument, (which is just north of the SR 261 cut off) we were getting a little low on gas and hungry, so we headed for Blanding, staying on SR 95, to SR 191.

Ah well, that will be on my 'to do' list, whenever I return to the area to check out NM and TX.

Thanks for those great shots. :waving:

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
imported post

Wow! Nice pics y'all! Makes we want to quit my job and go riding! Sure hope I can retire next year. I'll have to do some digging in my pics.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
imported post

Glad you could 'join the fray', Norton! :clapper:

I know you have lots of photos of 'Long, Lonesome Highways' .... how bout posting some more! ;) :byebye:

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
imported post

This thread is long, lonely stretches of highway. Right?

Hwy 375 has that covered without a doubt!

Area 51

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
imported post

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

:clapper:Really great stuff here :clapper:

Looks like I better brush up on my own photography. And of course get out on the roads more:action:

·
Premium Member
55,615 Posts
imported post

Norton/ Boots

You guys are right.. After I went over my notes.. One thing I remember for sure it was one heck of a drop off and I hate gravel roads...........:action::action::action:

101 - 120 of 947 Posts