Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
24,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
93 S10 4.3 V6 happened to see it from the road and the owner out in his yard, stopped and talked to him, he said he hadn't been trying to sell it but he would like to get the $600 that he paid for it, couldn't get it started, had some rodent wiring damage under the hood. Body looks pretty good so I took a chance and offered him $500 and he agreed. Went home, got my trailer and retrieved it. After some quick wiring repair I put a battery in it and it started instantly and sounds good.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,744 Posts
Nice! Another good deal found!

·
Administrator
24,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far so good. Lucky it runs. Needs upper A-frame bushings, front brakes and a transmission service, oil change etc. And a couple new tires, nearly new tread except on the edges where running out of alignment wore them to the belts.

·
Premium Member
55,657 Posts
A real barn find

·
Administrator
24,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gonna make a part hauler out of it, or move it on?
I plan to use it as a run around truck when I don't need my full size.

·
Premium Member
3,757 Posts
My S-10 is an 03, and that body looks as good or better than mine. Nice find...

·
Administrator
24,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My S-10 is an 03, and that body looks as good or better than mine. Nice find...
It is pretty good, it had 1 dent on the LF fender that I mostly popped out by reaching in from inside and pushing out. I put new upper A arm bushings on it, new front brakes and serviced the trans. I had pressure washed under the hood to clean out some of the rat droppings and then it wouldn't start, finally figured out the coil is cracked so I have a new MSD ordered.

·
Administrator
24,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Since I got this I have replaced the ignition coil, spark plugs, upper A frame bushings, front brakes, 2 tires, all 4 shocks, windshield, AC compressor & associated parts, window seals, 1 new door handle, serviced everything, even washed and waxed it. All I have left to do is get the tail pipe replaced. I've put about 1000 miles on it already.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Nice find. Looks like a pretty solid truck in the picture. Right place at the right time. :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.