Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Look What Turned Up-2

537 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  RobTheHillbilly 
#1 ·
imported post

My daughter Wendy is going through some of Dad's old photos and to my surprise these of the Suzuki 185 I had turned up.

The bike was purchased new and converted for enduro riding with two other neighbors for 3 bikes. The photos shown are just after the Michigan Jack-Pine race (2 days, 250 miles each day for 500miles) in the early 70s. I came in 18th that year with bent forks (look closely). Many said the bent forks improved my time in the woods.:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

My two neighbors and I sure had some good times running those bikes. Well, the Factory Boys took over the racing as they were sponsored and had much practice time, us with real jobs could not compete. Truth be known, I had too many responsibilities with new family and company to support, so all riding was put on hold for, oh about 35 years.:lash::lash::lash:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
imported post

2nd Picture of 3.

Attachments

#3 ·
imported post

3 of 3 pictures.

Attachments

#4 ·
imported post

Cool. Those were the days. No electronics on those babies. I'l have to see If I can dig up pictures of some of my old dirt bikes. I think I remember a black and white one of me and my first dirtbike, a Bultaco Lobito, from the late '60s.

#5 ·
imported post

Those photos would go great with a copy of "The Duct Tapes" by Ed Hertfelder (sp). He wrote a column for Cycle in the 70's about Eastern enduro riding. It was always a real hoot to read... :gunhead:

#6 ·
imported post

Shooter wrote:
Those photos would go great with a copy of "The Duct Tapes" by Ed Hertfelder (sp).  He wrote a column for Cycle in the 70's about Eastern enduro riding.  It was always a real hoot to read...                           :gunhead:
Funny you mentioned Duct Tape, I still cary, although it being the upgraded version.........Gorilla.

#8 ·
imported post

I still have my Bultaco Alpina, great trials bike but that sucker would wheelie at nothing. Also have my Bultaco hybrid, it's a 79 Pursang frame, a 350 Alpina motor, honda forks wheel and brakes. It also has a 3" extension in the swing arm for hill climbing.

Before I put the honda front end on it I used to run Vintage class Hare Scramble Cross Country races along with my brother in law. Now he is the Bultaco expert if there ever was one.:action:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.