Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Please identify this bike that evidently my Dad had. I never saw this and only a few in the family new about it????????

Dad is long gone, he must have had a secret life, eh. :D too bad I would have liked to have joined in. :action:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,771 Posts
imported post

That is either a 75 or a 76. Both came in Candy Antares Red. The 77 came in red but it has a different contoured seat. Just when you thought you knew everything about your dad he slips one in on you. Great find.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

dingdong wrote:
That is either a 75 or a 76. Both came in Candy Antares Red. The 77 came in red but it has a different contoured seat. Just when you thought you knew everything about your dad he slips one in on you. Great find.
Many thanks for the reply Tom. Well, Dad did his thing and we all did ours with starting two businesses back then. Sure wish this could be turned into the real thing.

Maybe Steve Jobs could make this an iBike issue. :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

Square horns and massive floorboards. I wonder what the shifter mech looks like on that one (other side).

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
imported post

I'd say a 75 I just repainted and decals. the pin stipe near the bottem of the faux tank is the 75 , the 76 has a different striping.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
imported post

wait a minute, is that a painted front fender. 75 did not have a painted fender.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Yes, it is a painted front fender.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

Longboater...

I ran it through Photoshop for ya... yes, I believe that fender is painted.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
imported post

Thoselook likeKrauser bags. They were German made and were offered by BMW as an option. They are just big suitcases and detach from the bike with a push of a button. I had a set on my Norton. Now they are on my GS850. They were awesome. When you pulled up to the Motel you just clicked and walked inside while everybody else started to unload their bikes.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
imported post

the side cover decal should say GL1000 under the goldwing emblem. maybe it was a custom paint job

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

look on the frame and see what year it is.. it is on the front behind the headlight on the left side sitting on the bike. on the frame.

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

it does say gl 1000

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

looks like to me that the bike has been repainted including the fender

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

notodd wrote:
look on the frame and see what year it is.. it is on the front behind the headlight on the left side sitting on the bike. on the frame.
Sounds from the first post, the bike's whereabouts are unknown....

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Many thanks for all your comments guys. The pictures turned up unexpectedly, do you think the bike will too?????????

Getting the magnifying glass out so-to-speak the comments of custom paint go along with the boards and other additional items. I think Dad picked this up used in the Sarasota area and "made a deal with the PO to store it there for his own use, don't-you-know".

DNA is funny stuff, I know now where my Mystery Trips come from.:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

My wife sort of nickered, when do the other brothers and sisters come in??????? Now that's enough of that stuff.

Have a great weekend.

·
Premium Member
12,779 Posts
imported post

Ned ,you might find one of the older fellows at Hap's who might recall the bike and your dad .

I dont know if Hap's family still owns the dealership there . I used to race with his boys .

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

OnaWingandaPrayer wrote:
Ned ,you might find one of the older fellows at Hap's who might recall the bike and your dad .

I dont know if Hap's family still owns the dealership there . I used to race with his boys .
Hmm, wonder if your 1975 "Grand Daddy" is the same bike??????

·
Premium Member
12,779 Posts
imported post

Longboater wrote:
Ned I hope the bike in your photo has lived a better life then the 75 I have . I looked at my title though and it was last titled in Punta Gorda . Thats not so far from ya I think .

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

OnaWingandaPrayer wrote:
Longboater wrote:
  Ned I hope the bike in your photo has lived a better life then the 75 I have . I looked at my title though and it was last titled in Punta Gorda . Thats not so far from ya I think .
That's down the road one or two exits south of FT. Myers. You know, cats stray, but not too far from the barn.:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Sounds like you need a factory manual, probably still available on EBay or such. Wonder if Pete has info on your bike.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.