Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

In the off chance anyone has one layin around....it would round out this rack I have so I could rebuild.

one float post is broke. yes I know I can do a fix on it but I'd rather put the time $ into just rebuilding the thing.

82/3 with the removeable idle jets... please..

Anybody?

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

I have a friend that has some 82 carbs in parts for his basket case, he bought a whole other rack to install.

PM me which one you need and what you think it's worth to buy, I'll see if he has a good one and if he'll sell it or give it.

I think he needs a clutch lever and gas tank for his 82 also when I start working on it for him.

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Hey Chromo,

I've got the word out on ngw and c.w's. with that said, I am in need of the #1 carb rt front. I will hear back in the am on one...

I was thinking $25 plus shipping to 98178.

I have a gas tank in trade for an additional $30 plus shipping. or outright $50 plus shipping. its in good shape - slight residue on the bottom, minor surface rust on the inside front at the filler tube. you know the flash rust plus that gets on there when your tank is low....for too long.

thanks for the reply

Pony

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

OK, I'll try to get hold of my friend, see if he wants to sell a carb if you need it and if he wants to buy a tank now.

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Did you come up with anything?

thanks

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

I just got hold of him today.

He's got the extra carb rack apart so I have to ride down and see which carb is which and make sure it's ok.

Is your gas tank got the internals with it? I asked about his and everything was tossed.

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

yes tank is good to go with float/sender

carb is a #1 48C removable idle jet.

just in case you are not familiar with the inside of one of these - the idle jet will unscrew - take the bowl off and look in the jet tower you will see a slotted end. the idle jet is down inside - the main jet you will see - its outside.

I don't know for sure but I am assuming if it is a 48C it will have one of these. 82-83 had them 80-81 they were presssed in.

thanks again.

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

bumpity bump

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.